Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dang!!

I'm back from TNNA....it was a good show! Hectic but worth going all the way across the country...OK...only a little more than half way ;)
I took pictures on my old camera...but unfortunately didn't find out until I got back home that the soft ware isn't in our computer any more....Frick!

I had a great time with my booth mates...Nancy C from Chameleon Colorworks (also room mate there)....& Cookie A.
We had many visitors as well....Janel Laidman (later on this)...Melissa from Peace of Yarn....Shelli from Knitterly....as well as many wonderful customers!!

Saturday was a bustle of activity.....& gratefully loads of interested store owners. Sunday they came back and ordered!! Monday was *meet your neighbor* day...in other words...the store owners were pretty much on their way home.
We broke down the booth at 3pm...said our good-byes to friends and went back to the Hotel and packed up for our trips home.
Tuesday I was in transit for 11 hours & boy was I glad to be home again!! Tired and Happy!!


I am now the proud owner of a signed copy of Janel's new book..*The Eclectic Sole* thanks Janel!
It's definitely a keeper.
First of all...it's done beautifully!!
Lovely stories to start off each pattern....&.... I know the author...Wow!!
How lucky am I!!.........Very ;)


I also received a skein of yarn from Nancy C of Chameleon Colorworks.....it's "Bambino" in the colorway "Dirt"....YUM YUM....Thanks Nancy C....I'm lovin' the yarn!!
I decided to make a pair of socks from Janel's new book.


The pattern is called Jacaranda....and is quite fun & easy to do *both are good things for a person like me who's on the GO!

Here's both the picture from the book and the beginning of my sock! I love them both!

I am SO happy for Janel....knowing that writing is just what she's been wanting to do!
She's got a new one coming out soon as well.
Janel had the *twinkle* in her eye....& a smile on her face...ALL weekend!!
Good to see you Lady.....Congrats


On the trip I finished Michael's new socks.....They fit perfectly and Michael loves the color....the plants won't see him coming! Thanks again to Jackie for gifting us this sock yarn.





It's gonna be a very busy week for me......Next weekend is The Black Sheep Gathering.....YEAH!!
First of all it's close to Home.....Eugene Fairgrounds....
Second...Wonderful Friends are Coming!!
Third....it's close to Home!!!
I Definitely will be bringing my camera ;)
I wish you were all here.

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 16, 2008 2:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no resting up, is there? Have a great time (again)!

 
At Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:27:00 PM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday! I just got Janel's book and will be shopping for yarn to make Rivendell (is that the name of the pattern?).

kim

 
At Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

I'm glad you had a good show! Shelli said you were lookin' good! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home