Sunday, May 18, 2008

Show & Tell


Hello Again....it's a beeutiful Sunday morning here at Chez Ernst. I have been out giving guano to all the plants and boy are they happy....nothing like a little Bat juice to brighten somebody's day!

I hope that it's as lovely where you are....&....that you are out in your garden....or wherever...enjoying this May day!

I am invigorated whenever the sun shines!


I have been wanting to do a little show and tell for a while now and I think that this beautiful Sunday is just the time for me to do that. I have been spinning a little bit...when I have the chance. I am finding that spinning is quite an Art.
It takes patience, fortitude....& a lot of the same things that I need in order to do my glass.


I am enamored with the whole process of hand spinning. Knowing, when I hold a skein of hand spun yarn how easily the energy of the person who has spun it.....with love....comes through.
I didn't know just how much of an art it takes to do it....correctly!
I am starting to!!

Here are 2 skeins that I have turned out of my own hand spun. They both are from Lisa's roving. The one on the right she calls Deep Sea. The one on the left Sky Drama.

I get frustrated....don't know if I'm doing it too loose or too tight (always with me it's too loose though...I'm learning my way)....&...I can't wait for it to be done! When it is I am pleased...but also see where I have room for much improvement!
Progress
Not Perfection!

When we left for MS&W I left my knitting in the van....YIKKES....no time to go back and get it before the flight.
I called Jackie when we got to Maryland (...in a panic) & when we got together she had an Emergency Knitting Bag with her (XOXOX). In it was several skeins of yarn and some pointy sticky things.....also called double points.
Now....I am a circular knitting needle kind of gal...that's what I learned to knit socks on...but I was desperately willing to give these a try.
Blessedly Jen sat down with me (XOXOX) & taught me how to cast on....getting me started on these socks for Michael.....not to mention saving my sanity.............as she would say...."Knitting for Sanity" (that's the name of her blog!). There's a funny picture on her blog...........me with the needles in my hand and a silly grin on my face!
WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT OUR FRIENDS?.....Thanks again Dear Hearts!

5 Comments:

At Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:05:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

You're making great progress on that sock, sunshine! The warm weather is quite inspiring up here too, more photos coming soon! Hugs to you!

 
At Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn, a beautiful sock, and a wonderful and thoughtful friend (and you got to learn something new that day!)

 
At Monday, May 19, 2008 7:02:00 PM, Blogger jackie_knits said...

You get lots of brownie points for cont to knit with toothpicks when you returned home & could have switched. The sock is looking great! Is that the left foot or right?

 
At Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you are showing yourself that you CAN do it with those things that I do not enjoy. I always used them for hat tops but socks...it wasn't until you showed me the joys of the two circs that I could even fathom making them.
You will have another badge for your sash and the knowledge that you can knit socks with anything. Look ma, no ladders.
Those girls...two sweet peaches.

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:01:00 AM, Blogger ChickenChum said...

Hey there!
Great job on those skeins They look terrific
Hugs
Tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home