Sunday, May 25, 2008

BLESSINGS!


This is truly Art!
I got a true love of Irises when I was a child going to Catholic boarding school. We went to Mass each morning at 6 am...every day!
It was St. Joseph's Academy in Prescott, AZ....high desert....there weren't a lot of flowers that bloomed in this area...then...But each Spring the church was packed with Irises.
I Loved the smell of them. I would breathe in that scent like it was candy!
I have my own Iris collection now and this is the most magnificent of them.


Today is our Kate's birthday. When she was little we called her Katie Rose...now she's Kat to some....Kate to others...but to me she will always be My Sweet Katie Rose.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

I now have another type of collection of roses....Tea roses are my favorite. Oregon is hell on roses. They like it a bit drier....but I keep on attempting to figure out how I can have them here.
They are so magnificently beautiful...just like our daughters!

Who knew that we had a bazillion little yellow finches just waiting to be fed thistle seed? Where were they hiding? We bought this little bird feeder and a bag of seed thinking that we would...maybe...have a few birds come to live on our property.
The other day I counted 30 of these beautiful beings flocking around the feeder...........they muscle each other out & have a grand time vying for the 6 perches. Michael has been filling the feeder up each day.
I told him that we were going to have to take a loan out on the house just to feed these birds. Their antics are quite entertaining!


We are starting quite a collection of tomatoes. They will have to live in pots on the deck until the weather warms up. Then some of them will go down to the garden area.
Here is one of the newbies....
I really enjoy watching them grow....not to mention the wonderful fruit that comes of it all. Nothing like a home grown tomato to munch on a hot Summer day ;)


Last...but certainly not least is my Sweet William.
This little guy is Hardy....he wintered over this year...looking sad and pathetic and them coming right back to be this beauty......who graces our deck!

Loads of *eye candy* around me these days...making me Happy....thought that I would share it with you ;)

I hope that you are enjoying your eye candy too!

5 Comments:

At Sunday, May 25, 2008 4:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sheila! What a celebration!

 
At Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:44:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Kate!

 
At Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

I love irises too. My grandmother had a huge plot of flag irises in her backyard. I loved to just sit with them.
Thanks for the lovely pics!

 
At Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Happy birthday and those lovely little friends are Gold Finches. They don't look like that all year just now while it is spring and early summer, then they look like little olive birds. Thanks for the Irises I love 'um too!

 
At Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sheila, you've been tagged for a meme! Cause I wanna know more about you of course!

I would love to be sitting in your garden right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home