Saturday, April 19, 2008

Go Figure ;)


This morning we awoke to SNOW!



It's been interesting to say the least!
Isn't it almost May? It warmed up to 50 degrees from 34....& now it looks like it's snow again...
Ah well, what do I care? I've got a nice warm house & I've got lots to do! Keep good thoughts for the trees & plants...they were Not ready for this one.



I finished Michael's *Fuzzy Feet* socks...made from Pat Fly's wonderful bamboo sock yarn with mohair added into the foot, heels & toes. Well see if Mr. Sock Destructo..ie DH can destroy these in short order time. He loves them so far and had worn them full time since we took this picture ;)




I decided to take the dye into my own hands and see what I could do. I had some wool roving that I bought at Black Sheep 2 years ago....and some dye I purchased a while back.
With help from Dear Lisa I mixed up the meager colors that I had & went for it. The roving was pretty uggley and I was ready to toss it....but Lisa said, spin it up anyway and see what comes of it (or something to that effect)..........so I did...I was amazed that it turned out as well as it did.....And just to remember my first try at dyeing and spinning I made this sachet. It's filled with Home Grown Lavender and will live in my drawer to make it smell great.
See what can be accomplished with A Friend, some dye, Vicodin and Fortitude ;)
PS.....I am feeling a bit better & even have made a few buttons the last few days!!

6 Comments:

At Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:55:00 AM, Blogger annmarie said...

Michael's socks seem to go hand in hand, or is that foot in foot, with the roses in the snow. :)

 
At Monday, April 21, 2008 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is GORGEOUS yarn and so are the socks and leave it to my Sheila to make the snow into a heart. Lovely, m'dear.

 
At Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it looks great and have no idea why you called it ugly. Clean your glasses, will ya? Ugly...why, I oughta...

 
At Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:11:00 PM, Blogger weebug said...

i am glad to hear that you are feeling better! the socks are lovly and the dyeing is beautiful!

 
At Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks, dear. Isn't it amazing how a roving can transform once it's spun, and then transform again when it's knit?

 
At Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand you got to meet my friend RobinM at Maryland Sheep and Wolf! Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home