Friday, July 06, 2007

What, pray tell have You been UP to?



My years of collecting bowling balls for our bowling ball garden has paid off....so, of course I have to show it off!
Bless you Dan!!
AND...since I have been spinning this beautiful roving in the same colorway as my Chinese maple I thought I'd show that off toooo!!
It was gifted to me by my *Sister/Friend* at Maryland Sheep & Wool and will become a Fall stole for Me ;) Thanks Jackie....see, I'm doing it!

The Summer clean up of our yard is continuing even though Dan isn't here to supervise...it's hot and sunny ;) now so most of it is done in the early morning or later in the day...


which leaves time for a bit of knitting.


Here's what I have been working on..... a Feather & Fan stole using some beautiful yarn that I got from Interlacement at the Black Sheep Gathering.


It's a rayon and is just a dream to knit up..... also cool and not hard to knit on....even in the hot part of the day.
The pattern is so simple that even I can mess it up....I rip out a lot...but in the words of the....ever so wise Eugene Bugler..."if you aren't willing to rip out then don't knit!!"



I hope that you all are enjoying your
Summer!!.........
That you have little "Pansy Faces" to keep you Happy....& a "Deck Buddah" to remind you to be Peaceful!

Thanks for visiting my neck of the Garden!

9 Comments:

At Friday, July 06, 2007 4:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bowling ball garden--what a cool idea! And see, I told you you could do lace; that's beautiful!

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 5:13:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Alison...you really consider Feather & Fan lace?
That's like saying that you are a writer when you just learn the alphabet!!
I guess technically, because it has holes in it...one could say lace...but it doesn't touch the hem of the likes of you and what you do!
Thanks for the good cheer though! And...maybe...some day I can REALLY say, I do lace!!

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 9:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bowling Balls...whodathunk, as my tall friend sez. I love it. MUCH more colorful than river rock (I have TONS of it everywhere) any day and so much fun.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:11:00 PM, Blogger jackie_knits said...

A bowling ball garden! Now, why didn't we know each other a few years sooner - like before I parted with my blue/purple swirly ball from the '70's? I didn't even have the foresight to plant it! D***! Your spinning must be soothing to your soul 'cuz it sure does look beautiful! Great Job! Love the colors of your rickrack and it's gorgeous knitted in the simplified version of fan & feather. Hey, Lady, slow down so I can catch up!

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes F&F is lace, you silly! :) And you're ahead of me--I've never done a straight F&F in my life. Yet.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:51:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

You score a XXX for the bowling ball garden! I love it!
I can't wait to see your Fall stole done up. You do such beautiful things.

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 5:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bowling ball garden. Wow. What an amazing idea. All I can say is, "ooeos" (that's my word verification value).

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 7:45:00 AM, Blogger annmarie said...

What great eye candy! :)

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 2:51:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

I love the bowling balls! Hee. :D

And yes, feather and fan is lace, you betcha! See? You *can* do it (and beautifully, I might add).

xoxo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home