Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Rose Grows in Brooklyn


Thursday came around....it was Jennyrose's 24th Birthday. We went to a lovely cafe in the Park Slope district of Brooklyn for breakfast.
I cannot explain how wonderful it was to spend the day with our beautiful daughter. It's the first time, since Jennyrose left home 6 (amazing) years ago!! Lucky, lucky us!!
Good friends, good food, great coffee!!

As I looked across the table at this Sweet and Lovely woman my heart sung! I felt so much Joy that it was almost overwhelming!
This is the baby that I waited so long to have!
This is the woman who has taken off on her own!
This is the person who brings happiness and comfort to those around her.....what a Blessing she is!!
I wish that I could let you hear her giggle...it's the best!!


After breakfast we took off for the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. As you can see Jennyrose picked the perfect day to have her birthday.

We strolled around the grounds admiring all of the beauty right here in the middle of a noisy city.

There were Roses all around us....& the Cherry trees were in full bloom....Could not imagine a better place to spend a birthday with our daughter!

When we had fully enjoyed the Gardens we went back to JJ's apartment and ate the yummiest cupcakes!

But wait.....after a much needed nap....and more visiting....we had dinner Under the Brooklyn Bridge at the most amazing Italian Restaurant...Pete's Downtown....strolled out onto the landing in front of the restaurant, stuffed to the gills....enjoying the view of Manhattan. This truly was a memorable day and evening.
I love you Jennyrose!!

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

What a wonderful post, Sheila! I have a huge smile on my face. :) Your daughter is extraordinary, as are you.

Mwah!

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW I can see all of the pictures. I think that Blogger was ill this morning when you were trying to show me all of the good pictures. I am glad that you had such a lovely time with your precious Jenny-Rose. What a cutie.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:30:00 PM, Blogger annmarie said...

I read lots of blogs from folks on the west coast (and admit to a bit of west coast envy - it seems very 'fibery' there!)so thanks for reminding me through your lovely posts that there's a whole lot to appreciate right on my doorstep. :)

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2007 6:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Happy birthday, Jenny-Rose!

 
At Monday, May 28, 2007 4:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like the most wonderful time you had with your daughter. I'm so glad you were able to spend it with her.

If I ever finish my cardi I'm going to need spectacular buttons and I think you have just the color!

Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home