Monday, June 25, 2007

Baah...baah....back from Black Sheep!


What a lovely weekend!!

It was a whirlwind of activity....with the show, great visits with friends & all of the happenings...it was over almost before it began!
It's interesting to look forward to an event....all of the planning that goes into it.....all of the expectations....& then it happens & then it's even better than I could have even imagined!!
Here's Michael showing off Trish Anderson of Tanglewood Fiber Creations new Orifice Hook & Trish's reaction to it!
Egging her on is Alexandra...our wonderful friend who makes amazing lazy kate's...which I now am the proud owner of one ;)

As a vendor Black Sheep is a dream! The location is at the Fairgrounds in Eugene with easy access to load-in and load-out. Our booth, always in the same space, is basically right inside the side door....lovely!
Then there's all of our vendor friends waiting to greet us at set-up.....hey, lets face it...it's home ;)
The atmosphere is laid-back Oregon style and it makes the show, for both sides of the event Awesome!!

Add this to having the most wonderful friends who come to visit you & as they say....We were very happy campers!
AND that is Just the beginning......
Barb & Jen came all the way from Seattle to grace us with their presence at Chez Ernst for the weekend.
Thanks you two for making this year's Black Sheep so special!! Coming home with you and Michael at night took my tiredness away ;)

What would a Black Sheep be without this amazing man....I'm in love with Eugene Bugler...can you tell?....what a man!!
Gene does the most wonderful things with tiny tiny yarn and tiny tiny needles.....he's a lace God!!


It was a wild weekend of spinning....the Spinner's circle was in full swing on a constant basis.
Men, Women & Children all having their way with spinning wheels.



Not only was there spinning inside but people were spinning outside as well. After all, it was a truly beautiful Oregon Summer
weekend.
It was a wonder and a joy to see so many people loving their craft and sharing it so freely with each other.


The animals were, as always a true viewing pleasure! Here's some favorites from the crew!
Time for my nap...I will write more tomorrow!!

8 Comments:

At Monday, June 25, 2007 6:09:00 PM, Blogger jackie_knits said...

YOU are the true spirit of The Gathering. I almost feel as though I was with you. Thanks for sharing all the magnificent people. Maybe next year?

Love Ya

 
At Monday, June 25, 2007 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

I am so jealous!!! I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year....

Glad it was a great show!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Sachi said...

Sooooo glad to see you and Michael!

I swear we all took pictures of the same goat. ;-) I'll bet you're in love with your new camera! It takes wonderful pictures!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIIIIIIIIGH...I am bummed that I missed out on being there. Love the hat.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

Thank you so much for posting those wonderful pictures and your great observations. It looks like a family gathering rather than a fiber fest:-) We need MORE pictures and MORE commentary please!

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Someday when I'm old and retired I'll start wandering around the festival circuit... I want to be Sherry when I grow up, with my RV going to Alaska.

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Hey, I'm on your blog! Thanks for catching me at a moment where I was doing what I like best...visiting and spinning.

It was lovely seeing you again. Sorry we didn't get more time to talk! I was having too much fun at your festival!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:11:00 AM, Blogger annmarie said...

Now, more than ever, I have that old PNW envy creeping over me...;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home