Wednesday, June 06, 2007

GOOD-BYE COLUMBUS

Got home late last night from Columbus & a lovely time at our first TNNA experience.
Sharing a booth with Two Fine Ladies!

We had booked a 8'x10' booth for the show thinking that that would be plenty of room for the three strong women....when we got there we realized that 8x10 looks a lot bigger on paper.
At that moment a TNNA Angel flew by...stating that the people next to us had to miss the show...& "would we like to use that booth as well"...Damn I love Angels!!.....WELL YAH!!
So we spread out with Janel's* Chameleon Colorworks in the middle, Cookie A * on one side and our glass work on the other....Perfect!

This was like the Academy Awards of the Fiber industry. There were more Fiber Stars here than anyone could possibly imagine. Very nice people....and I had a chance to visit with folks that I had only heard about. Unfortunately pictures were at a premium as TNNA has a rather strict policy about snapping photos. *Check out Janel and Cookie A's blogs above for more.....


Janel, Cookie and I had a super fun dinner at a local Japanese steak house, right across from the Convention Center on Friday night...then we met up with a group of folks at The Big Bar inside the Hilton Hotel attached to the convention center.
Here is Janel, Erika Kuntz and Margaret Fisher enjoying! Among the crowd was Chris de Longpre of Knitting at Knoon. Truly one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet! She was so welcoming at my first TNNA show in January.

I got to meet the wonderful Cat Bordhi. I had a lovely conversation with her and plan to take one of her workshops in the next year or so.
Lucy Neatby was just down the row from us. She is an amazing talent & a very nice lady. I plan on buying some of her knitting dvds in the near future.
Eunny Jang came by for a visit....and is sweet and wonderful! I can see why she is so highly spoken of!
And on and on it went!!


Across the isle on my side were a lovely couple.....Pino and Ann from Unicorn Fibre Wash. They make Earth Friendly-Biodegradable fibre wash & rinse that makes it EASY to care for raw and finished fibre.
I so enjoyed visiting with Ann on Monday.
She loved our needles and buttons and said that although she hadn't knitted in years she would like to do it again. I got to help her remember the love of knitting.


As I watched these beautiful clouds fly by on my way home I thought of all the blessings that this weekend in Columbus provided for me. It was a good show....both as a vendor and as a person.
I brought home orders & wonderful memories & gratitude!!

ALSO.......
I am pleased to be home!!

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great show!

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:27:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Wow! It sounds like a wonderful show! That Sag power is going strong now! :) Wooooo!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to meet Eunny, I like her a lot and she's Emily's buddy too.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 6:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got home in one piece and that you had a great show! I love that picture of the clouds.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Sachi said...

*sigh* So jealous. I miss you guys!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 1:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such great fun! I hope you put those dpns on the website soon. They are beautiful and work really nicely too.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you are home, Madame. Thank you for the photojournalism so that I do not have to imagine it all. Rod says... huhuhuhuhuhuhuh

 
At Friday, June 08, 2007 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

Another huge success for you. I'm so happy I can say that "I knew you when".

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a second to do a double-take on the name of the entry. Too funny! Loved the pictures, love that you got to go and that you had such a good time. And that you got the extra space in the perfect place!

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:36:00 PM, Blogger ChickenChum said...

Hi!
Glad the show went well for you and Yag your it for the me me thing, just list 7 random things about yourself on your blog then tag someone else!
Tina

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 7:24:00 AM, Blogger Kimley said...

It looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see you again at another East coast show! Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog!

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila, you are truly a marvelous person and I so enjoy knowing you! Chris (Knitting At KNoon Designs)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home