Sunday, May 27, 2007

Noshing Around The City

Noshing in Manhattan. OH BOY ;)

We met up with Jennyrose for lovely pastrys & coffee near Union Square. Here are some of the artful delights that were available to us.

Jennyrose went merrily off to work....and we headed for Central Park. The bus and subway systems are excellent in NY. Michael and I preferring to hop the bus so that we could see the sites of the city.
The Park was absolutely beautiful...it's true Springtime in NY is wonderful!
But.....

What we really had our hearts set on was Corned Beef & Pastrami sandwiches from Ben Ash Delicatessen on 7th Ave. & 55th St. very near Times Square.
We have visited this establishment before and knew how good their food is. It's spendy but well worth it. They make the best coleslaw that I've ever had and their dill pickles are to die for!!


In order to compensate for the gigantic lunch that we had we walked down to Times Square where....I had to do it.....I knitted a few rows.
See how happy and cute I am...that's what deli food will do for me ;)


We walked and looked around like the tourists that we were.
It was great fun! NY is one of the best cities to site see in!! Around every corner is another amazing site. I tend to love the oddities of NY....the gargoyles, the graffiti, people of all nationalities and proclivities....yes I am one of them on the inside.....an oddball...one who doesn't quite fit into any "normal" space.....
Unless a person is willing to walk the city you miss a lot of the Fun of NY.

On our way back to the subway we walked down a street in "The Village". Ballet slippers were thrown up onto the wires above the street...where else but NY.

I thoroughly enjoyed our day and we were exhausted when we got back to Jennyrose's apartment. Very glad to lay around on the bed and rest...and knit!!

Last...but not least....here is our Mother's Day pizza!
Better than a cake in my estimation!
YUMM!
Thanks NY....you are delicious!!






7 Comments:

At Monday, May 28, 2007 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Sheila you are so cute knitting in the square! What a great adventure you and Michael had. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:44:00 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

As much as I love sweets I have admit I think Mothers'Day pizza sounds better than Mother's day cake!

 
At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! THE sandwich that I interrupted with a phone call. Delicious. You just made me crave deli food, dammit. I'm so glad that you had such an adventure in NYC, even if you did have to travel on the subway...
Now you are going bye bye AGAIN! What a Sag you are...bye bye gotta run. Knock 'em dead at TNNA and come home with a satchel full of orders.

 
At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

OMG. Must. Go. Eat. Yummmmmmmmm.

 
At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:57:00 PM, Blogger AlisonH said...

That pizza is getting to me. Need. Pizzaaaa... Too funny!

I wish *I* were going to TNNA! Have a great time! (Hey, can you sneak up to Donna from Martingale and ask her her favorite color for me? Or if you see her with my book, just check out what she's got on, wouldja?) Don't tell on me!

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous time! I love the pic of you in Times Square. You've made me hungry.

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

:)

YOU are so cute.

Also, I'm hungry. I wonder why ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home