Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun at the Fair!!


Sunday my friends and I went to Country Fair....we had a BLAST (to use a phrase from my youth)....here we are in the parking lot....the Motley Crew....On the right is my friend Nancy...she's an amazing friend, healer, intuitive....then Beautiful Cynthia...a Reiki Master, intuitve, business woman, and all around fun person!! Her lovely daughter Annie and her fella Zach.
We were greeted by this beautiful painting in the parking lot....She's around 30' long and quite impressive! The black hole in her body is a stage.....awesome!!

One of my favorites at the Fair are the Giants...they are people who are quite adept at walking on stilts...different each year & have the most amazing costumes!! Here's the Butterfly Lady...and the Diva with her pet Bear.



I was SO happy to be there and being who I am I just hugged the first tree that came my way.....yep, I'm a tree hugger! I mean, who could resist?



The Giant Mask came by to get me back in line....and before we knew it we were inside the Fair....

Unfortunately the Giant Mesqueetos were around and attacking....Here's one trying to suck out Cynthia's brain...luckily we swatted him off and ran for the hills....narrowly escaping ;)

Michael & I...and our girls...did Country Fair for 5 years....it's home to me...a very special place to leave the outside world behind. We have loads of friends & always make more every time we venture in!!

Nancy, Cynthia & I took a belly dancing lesson...and afterwards got to see how it's really done.

The young woman dancing here (Inanna).....Grace Lewellyn, was our daughter's instructor & mentor during their Unschooling years. She wrote a book that changed our lives, for the better....called The Teenage Liberation Handbook....a must have for "Nature" minded homeschoolers.....& as you can see...a hell of a great belly dancer! We aren't as good right now, but I'm gonna practice!
Who knows I may be up on the Gypsy Stage one day myself ;)

We decided to take a rest...hang out amongst the trees...listen to some great music and people watch.....
It was a Perfect Oregon day!








Just as we were settling in.....Along Came A Parade.....Freaks & Fairies
Music & Merriment........Great Fun!





This is our Old friend Peter Ames...He's an incredible wood worker! And a lovely man! Peter and I spent many years at Holiday Market in Eugene selling our wares....in booths across from each other. It was excellent to see him...it's been a while.
He gave us one of his wood rattles...like you see on the table here! We will cherish it...as we have Peter's friendship!



Walking along the path...I never know who I'm going to run in to.....So when I saw our daughter Kate and her friend Jen I was happily surprised!!
We hugged, told each other what fun we were having and went on our merry way ;)




Soon enough it was time to venture back into the real world....Yikkes...reality sets in.
Such a wonderful day...and SO MUCH FUN!!

8 Comments:

At Monday, July 16, 2007 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

It looks wonderful!!!

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:39:00 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

ok, your country fair looks nothing like our country fair!
(yours is much more fun)

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now...what fun. There was something like that up here in the foothills this past weekend, down in Grass Valley. This proves that I need an artist fix...Thanks, once again, for sharing your adventures, you Sagasqueezian...look who the other comments came from...your kind. :o)

 
At Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rofl! I was going, whaaaa...I live in California, and I don't get to have this much fun! And then read Lisa's comment, and there IS such a thing here? And I missed it! Sagasqueezian. Man, I love you guys. Love that tree-hugging picture especially!

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Ah Ha! Caught you having fun, Good for you! The fair has quite a variety of attendees, and looks like you fit right in. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:35:00 PM, Blogger annmarie said...

That's plumb awesome! :)

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 9:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had the perfect time! thank you very much for sharing the photos, i love living through my web friends.

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

You have so much fun that I always feel that I've been there with you! Wonderful pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home