Thursday, July 26, 2007

Five Amazing Women!!

I am a very lucky person indeed....
Amongst the many reasons I say this....are My Friends!
I am most grateful for them all...I spent a few years yearning for some wonderful women to come into my life...and they are here!!

Here is a story about the collaboration of 5.

It started a while ago meeting Lisa Souza at a Craft Fair called King's Mountain.
It's a lovely show nestled in the redwoods, south and west of the San Francisco bay area.
Lisa purchased buttons from me....egged on by another lovely woman, Phyllis Champ (thanks Phyllis!!)
Lisa and I began a friendly relationship that bloomed into each of us having a bestest friend to share our lives with!

Through the years I got sightings of Alison Hyde at Lisa's booth....we smiled at each other and exchanged pleasantries & I knew that this lady was Special!! I wanted her too!!

Well, now I have her....in book and story.....I recently received this amazing book. Alison wrote it...knitting her way through the pages....telling stories about each one of the designs and knitted lace shawls and scarves....She's an Awesome story teller!.....A Lovely Lady....and now a friend!
She keeps telling me that I too can knit lace....Thanks Alison!!

So, since I wanted to make something from Alison's book....I called my good friend Lisa and asked if she had some cashmere that she could send me....she said, "sure I do, I will put it in the mail today".....love yah Lisa!!

Little did I know, until it arrived what magic would be coming my way!!....I mean...duh...but still....
This is Lisa's handspun cashmere!!
This
is so yummy that it's hard to put the knitting down to do other things!!

I asked Lisa, when I called to rave about how wonderful the yarn was....."Did you get the roving to make this from Melissa of Peace of Yarn?" Lisa said "Yes"....it's the best.....
Enter....another good friend & incredible woman!....Sweet Melissa!!



I had picked out a scarf to do out of Alison's book....called the Opera Scarf. Here is a picture of Alison's version of the scarf. Hoping that Alison was right....that I, too could do lace....I picked out a set of our glass circulars to use for the project.


I already knew who it would be going to when completed.....our daughter Jennyrose!
Jennyrose is coming in a week to visit for 10 days.
I am very proud of this beautiful and talented daughter of ours.....she's a keeper!!

How special it is to make this for Jennyrose....to incorporate the love and experiences of each one of these special people into this scarf.

Oh yes....I AM counting myself in the 5.....since I'm knitting it.....I'm a lace knitter You Know ;)

10 Comments:

At Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? That is my idea of lace...not with weensy squeensy needles and yarn...with nice squishy and substantial handspun cashmere, for goddess sake. :o) The pattern is lovely and you ARE a lace knitter. It has been quite the journey, hasn't it? I keep listening...

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear me exclaim, "Oh look at this!!" COOL, Sheila! And thank you! See, I knew you could do it. And Lisa's yarn is just scrumptuous there. You have one lucky daughter. And I am one lucky woman to have such dear friends.

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Love it! didn't you love spinning Cashmere? I love my orifice hook! I'm missing ewe. Trish

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:42:00 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

what a lovely present!

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

You are a wonderful lace knitter! Jennyrose will love it.

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007 7:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to find your tribe? That's how I feel in the last few years about all the wonderful people I've met through the fiber community. I love you lace and it's going to be even more gorgeous when it gets handled and worn by Jennyrose. Thanks Sheila for brightening up my day!

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 2:16:00 AM, Blogger Fly Designs said...

Sheila!
You always make me smile when I read your blog.
The lace is beautiful!

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 5:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwaha! "Hey Lisa, got any cashmere?" and she sends you handspun. I love it, you lace knitter you.

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 10:47:00 AM, Blogger jackie_knits said...

The scarf is gorgeous - I just know Jennyrose will always treasure and wear it with love! You are truely blessed, but, then, so are we!

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 2:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for yet ANOTHER inspirational blog entry AND for the link to SpinDyeKnit, yow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home