Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Big Apple Shows Off

We hopped on a train from Baltimore into NY City for a Birthday/Mother's Day visit with our daughter Jennyrose.
New York was definitely at her best. Springtime in New York!! Ahhhhhh!
The train arrived at about 3pm and we took the subway to meet with Jennyrose. Here was the first sighting of our beautiful, almost 24 year old daughter.
We had a lovely visit that evening, catching up on all the happenings in her life....& many Hugs...although I wish I would have tripled them.

The next morning Michael & I decided to take a "walk about" on the island of Manhattan. It was a blast! Our destination point was the Staten Island Ferry. From this free ride you can see Liberty and the beauty of Manhattan. As you can see it was the most beautiful of days with blue skies, no humidity and loads of sunshine.

As we walked down Broadway there was A Lot to see.
Here's the Wall Street Bull in all his glory. He is quite impressive...an amazing piece of art!





We meandered down to Battery Park which is where we caught the Ferry. It was a very pleasant walk with lots of people and things to see.
Here's one of my favorite signs that we passed! Go figure, I guess everyone wants a deal!


We got on the Ferry to see this beautiful view of
Manhattan. WOW...what a day!

We didn't get right up close to "The Lady" but here Liberty is in all of her glory...guarding and reminding us of what
America stands for...in all our best intentions...Liberty and Justice for ALL!!

I knitted on the Ferry on the way back from Staten Island, putting love and my experiences into my creation. It was a great day! The first of many....
TO BE CONTINUED.....

6 Comments:

At Saturday, May 19, 2007 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Thank you for the great tour! Your daughter is lovely. ;)

 
At Sunday, May 20, 2007 12:10:00 AM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Squinting way off towards the water as we pass by on the freeway is as close as I've gotten to the Statue. Like Rosemary said, thank you for the tour!

 
At Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:24:00 AM, Blogger vixvoice said...

Jennyrose is beautiful! It's obvious her sprit is beautiful, too. I love the pic of you and your hubby. What great longevity. You two look like quite a wonderful pair. I used to live in Jersey...went into The City often. Your writing sure brought back memories. Hugs - VickiS

 
At Sunday, May 20, 2007 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I always love your posts :)

Beautiful photography and a beautiful daughter.

 
At Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:57:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I love knitting with memories of trips and family and friends in my work. Thanks for sharing your trip and for letting us see your beautiful Jennyrose.

 
At Monday, May 21, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Sheila - I don't catch up for a bit and look at all you post! I'm so glad you got some time with Jennyrose - she's indeed a beauty, as are all your gorgeous new glass pieces. I'm so sorry to have missed you in Maryland this year, but it sounds like you had a bang up trip. Welcome home to you and Michael, and keep making that gorgeous glass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home