Monday, January 08, 2007

Off to the SUN!!


Tomorrow morning at 9:00 I will be on the road to San Diego & TNNA (a National Wholesale Show).....it's approximately 1500 miles and I am hoping for SUN all the way!! I NEED it, I DESERVE it!! This Saggittarian craves the sun....so, ofcourse, I live in Oregon....something is wrong with this senerio....Now don't get me wrong, I love the green of Oregon and the summers are like Camelot....72 degrees and beautiful....but this time of year will see me craving the old rays! You see I was, for the first 35 years of my life a person who saw the sun almost every day, until I wished for green...never understanding that it came with lots of RAIN!!!

Michael was going to be coming with me...and Autumn too...but when Autumn got "fixed" last Wednesday it seems that they "may" have punctured her larnyx. She (excuse the phrase) hacked up a hairball on Sunday morning...and blew up with air beneath her skin. We spent all day Sunday in Eugene at the vets....to the tune of $350.00!! They took x-rays and gave her oxygen and said that they would keep her another day, to the tune of another (at least) $200.00.
Luckily Michael knows a thing or two about medicine and he took over....I was ashen and crying in the chair....He talked to the tech who told him he had seen other animals that had this "condition" and that they healed with rest & Love.....we could do both of these at home.
Michael looked at the x-rays with the guy, her lungs were alright....so we brought her home.
She's resting and getting Lovey Doos and won't be going any where for a while.
She's still puffy, but she chased a mouse last night and had it in her mouth twice....so I'm hoping that this is a good sign.
There you have it....I'm On The Road Again....by myself.
Sad tale isn't it. I call in all the good, healing thoughts that you can muster!! WE LOVE THIS GIRL!!
I lay awake last night....thinking unthinkable things that I could do to the Vet and his lovely ass-istant.....but one of the things that makes me the most distressed about people is their inability to cop to the mistakes that they make in life. I hope that this changes....we all need to be able to say we are SORRY and we all need to hear it as well!!
I will deal with them when I get back from the 2 shows that are coming up.....FOR...2 days after I return from the trip we are leaving (or I am) for the Madrona Show in Seattle. They will get a piece of my mind....and no more of my business!!

On a good note....I received these wonderful stitch markers from my good friend Barb for Christmas!! Aren't they just the cutest?
Hope you can tell they are little gold sheep with beautiful jewels!!
I am using them on the new socks that I am knitting for Michael. They make it SO GREAT to go round and round!! Thanks Barb!!


I will be seeing some of you at Madrona...looking forward to it!! I will post pictures of the trips when I return!!

9 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007 6:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our kitty was permanently silenced during her neutering; she's long gone but it helps to see that...hers wasn't a one-up type of botching of an operation. can't imagine what one would do, were one forewarned...carry an axe to the surgery?

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 6:50:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

I am SO SORRY Linda!! Next time I will be foreArmed!! They are such trusting beings and depend on us to take care of them!
Thanks for sending your comment!
My heart goes out to you!

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:56:00 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh Sheila I will be thinking of Autumn.

Hopefully San Diego's weather will help ease the worries. I talked to my brother in San Diego yesterday and he said that it was 75 degrees!

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:11:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Poor kitty! Sheesh, I thought fixing happened at the OTHER end of the cat. She is lovely, though.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip to TNNA...maybe we can get together before Madrona, if not I'll see you there.

I have a horror story from the Emergency Vet Clinic so we can share if you want. I think Autumn will get well soon. She's probably snuggled down in front of the fire staying warm while you're romping in the sun in San Diego!

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip to TNNA...maybe we can get together before Madrona, if not I'll see you there.

I have a horror story from the Emergency Vet Clinic so we can share if you want. I think Autumn will get well soon. She's probably snuggled down in front of the fire staying warm while you're romping in the sun in San Diego!

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best healing wishes towards Autumn--and for the both of you, too. I hope the show is wonderful and the weather warm. (Don't stop in northern CA right now, our pipes froze the last four nights. Brrr...)

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 11:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila,
I am sorry to hear of poor little Autumn mishap. I'll be thinking loving warm kitty thoughts for her and I hope she gets better soon!

 
At Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and your trip, and Michael home with Autumn. I suppose the breathing tube was what hurt her larnxy. Poor kitty. I hope she's doing 100% better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home