Friday, December 15, 2006

It's Almost Christmas!!!



Are you all ready for the festivities? I am getting there.....slowly...but surely.
I thought that I would share with you some of the things that I have been working on.
First is a hat for my good friend Karen's daughter Jessica. She's 10 and loves handknitted work. She earned some money a few weekends ago and bought herself some handknitted gloves with the earnings. So, I figure that she will really enjoy this little hat...she is heavily into pink....I couldn't help plopping one of my buttons on top.
I made it from baby alpaca..on the bottom...and some hand spinning by my friend Trish Andersen, of Tanglewood Fiber Creations. It all went so well together that I was in awe.

Next is the Christmas stocking that I made for Tim (Kate's beau). I made it with some material that was left over from one of the skirts that I made Kate last year...and some raspberry velvet. His birthday is on Monday and I think that he will like his new sock....probably not as much as the espresso maker and espresso beans that Michael and I got for him......we'll see ;) SHHH! Don't tell...

Here's a scarf that I made for my Good friend Nancy. I made it from Lisa Souza's yarn...."Petroglyph"...silk and baby alpaca. It will keep Nancy's neck warm during the cool Oregon weather.

I made an awesome trade....this lovely Primero yarn for one of our Orifice Hooks....met a lovely woman in the process!! We are both thrilled with our part of the trade!!! ;)
It's a delight to work with and I know that my friend Cynthia will love it. She's quite a snappy dresser.....a working girl, out in the world...you know...she needs to have something warm and fancy around her beautiful neck. Still in the doing stage..but by the time we meet up.....next Wednesday for our Women's Christmas celebration, it will be done.

I got the news from Janel of Spindlicity fame, the new Spindlicity is up and we are featured artists in it. We had such a nice time with Janel when she came to visit. It truly is an honor to be in her online magazine.

AND then....there's the latest gift guide from Lime & Violet...it's got alot of good gift information & contact information.
And lucky us. We were included in it as well.

Yep, the orders keep on coming in and we keep on filling them...but I am taking time to make Christmas cookies this weekend....come Hell or High Water (which is likely, it's pouring here).
I do hope that you are enjoying your Holidays as well.

Here's the lovely Autumn....getting bigger by the day....next to the consumately beautiful Pointsettia that Kate gifted me with last week.

Happy Channakuh..to all those who celebrate!!

Solstice is fastly approaching....the sun will shine again!!

And....YIPPEE...it's almost Christmas!!!!

9 Comments:

At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:18:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

You have been busy! I loved the article on Spindlicity. You are Michael are adorable. The hat for Jessica looks so yummy!

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article in Spindlicity! Many congrats to you. :) And...you're tagged! Visit my blog for the details!

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the pic on Spindlicity! Gorgeous. :)

And I'm tagging you! Visit my blog for details. xo

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 12:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful article in spindlicity~are you guys coming to madrona this year?

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm loving that cover photo in Spindlicity :)

You have both been busy bees!

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 2:36:00 PM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Ohh I got one of your spindle hooks as a gift!!! I am so in love:-)

 
At Tuesday, December 26, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great projects - Jessica is going to love that hat! I've got to remember the button on top idea.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home