Monday, November 27, 2006

A SNOW day!!

Yep, it's snowing right here in Drain! We were going to go into Eugene today to get glass but Mother Nature has decided that we should stay at home and enjoy the snow. This is the view from our yard at the hills. Don't they look lovely...and cold.

We put up Gift Certificates on our website. This way if your mate would like to purchase something for you for the holidays it will be easy for them and you then can pick it out yourself. Great for friends as well!!


I have decided that it's time I started on my Christmas presents. My friend/older sister Jackie gave me this lovely yarn from Brooks Farm and I decided to make a scarf from Sally Melville's Book 1: The Knit Stitch. It's called "Shape It! Scarf". I am loving both the yarn and the pattern. I just know that my dear friend Karin will love it too! She's a classy lady and I am pleased to have found something that will adorn her neck and keep her warm. Ah yes, I am using a pair our size 8 glass circulars for the project.....ah love!


And here's a basket of roving that I am going to spin up this winter.....it's from my lovely new friend Melissa at Peace of Yarn. There is mongolian cashmere top, camel, tussah silk sliver and YAK (Michael's favorite).....I think he just loves to say Yak!!
Don't worry Melissa I am sending your lovely basket back to you! ;)




5 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

That's a beautiful snow photo. Let us know how you like spinning the various fibers that Melissa gave you. It's so much fun to see what they do when you spin them. I'm with Michael, I love saying Yak too. It's about as fun as my dad working as a security guard at the dam. We ask him how his dam job is quit often. Enjoy your snow and keep warm!

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely picture, Miss Thang. You live in a bit of heaven. I love it when Mt. Diablo gets a dusting because it is a gorgeous sight from the front yard.

I can't WAIT to see what you do with the spinnables this winter. You are going to go crazy with the love of it. That Melissa...quite the dealer...here, taste THIS! I know, how do you think I have so much yarn and fiber everywhere?

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:12:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

"Older" sister! Hah! I love it! We are having a fun snow day up north of you as well. Cute kid pics on my blog :-)

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

It's pretty freakin' snowy here too. I work taking calls for emergencies for the county. I'll have to tell you about some of those calls some time. ;-) Hours of fun, I'm telling you!

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Oooohhhhh :)

I've made that scarf! It's lovely and your friend will wear it with joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home