Monday, November 20, 2006

The New York City Adventure

Monday after Stitches East show was over Jackie dropped me off at the train station and I merrily rode into NYC. I was greeted with 70 degree weather and a beautiful Fall day. I met up with our daughter Jennyrose in SoHo. It was such a heart warming blessing to have my "baby" in front of me and close enough to HUG!! We had a lovely dinner in Chinatown and visited.
We took the subway to Brooklyn where she and our grandcats live. This is her street, right off Flatbush....tee hee. I carried my very warm coat that I had bought for the cold.

It was the best time that I could have asked for. Jennyroses' wonderful boyfriend JJ had dinner with us most nights and when I wasn't with Jennyrose I was getting a chance to visit with Manhattan.
I have often heard that you either Love or Hate NYC....and, I say count me amongst the people who are in love with it!!

I went to Columbus Circle, the NYC public Library, trotted around Central Park, walked down 5th Avenue. I wandered into FAO Schwatz (quite the adventure at Christmas time....great bathroom).

I drew and painted in Central Park, went to the Met. Saw the beauty that is Manhattan in all the splendor of Fall.



Jennyrose took the day off on Thursday and we had a fantastic day. We had coffee at the coffee house that is just down a few blocks from where she lives. Then we went to the Brooklyn Museum of Art and saw the Annie Leibovitz photography show there. It was awesome!!
That night JJ met us for dinner at a great Italian restaurant right underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. We ate pizza and had a great time.

I will remember this visit to NY for all it's warmth and joyous memories. It was a time of grace for me. It is so amazing to me to know Jennyrose, her life, friends, cities and to be able to take a moment of reflection on all that has come before and the promise of what is to be.

Happiest of Thanksgiving wishes to all of you....my gratitude is heaped upon my plate....I say thanks to you all for being in my life and thanks to the Muse of NY for this great adventure!!

5 Comments:

At Monday, November 20, 2006 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adventure and what a cute couple. I am so happy that you got to spend so much time with your first born, there in her element. I see you and Kate there in her beautiful face and thanks for sharing the great pictures. Welcome home!

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:38:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Jennyrose has the same beautiful smile as you. Her and JJ look so happy together. I love the photos and it sounds like you had such a wonderful time. I want to go see FAO Schwatz to see the great bathroom!

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've got It! Finally!

I'm so happy that you and Jennyrose had a week to share together. I see you in her. Beautiful! We raise our daughters to be free spirits but they will always still take time to bond with their mothers!

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Thanks you all for writing in. It was a great time and I am so glad to share a little bit of it!!

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 9:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sheila - what beautiful pictures! I can see Jennyrose's mama in her beautiful eyes. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for letting us share a little piece of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home