Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The where with all

I have been "on" for the past week!! Yippee...the burst of energy came through just when I needed it!! Thank goodness.

Stitches East (Our Booth #525) is coming right up here this is the last week for everything to get done, packed up....mailed off to wonderful Jackie (in Baltimore). She's Jen's Mom, and has been kind enough to offer her garage for storage of our shipped boxes ;) Thank you Jackie!!

We have been putting in long days of making work for the show.....filling in the holes, so to speak, of colors and new buttons to charm the masses. Hope it works!




Last week we made these new needles for Lime & Violet. They are whimisical and fun and go right along with their theme. We are pleased to be able to help them get a new microphone for their show (a donation on each of the items sold). Lisa Souza hooked us all up together and it's much appreciated on all ends!



Autumn holds down the fort while we work in the barn....mostly bird watching. She is getting into things now....on the table "counting" my earrings...."helping" Michael cut the tubing for the circular needles...with her teeth. Entertaining us when we come in for a break...with her kitten antics. She's a joy to behold. I know that she will keep Michael busy and Happy while I am away.


This week I also received presents in the form of pictures from friends. This first picture is from Holly (we will have Holly's felted bag patterns at the show). It's a photo of the circular needles she just got from us and the lovely "little devil" yarn that is one of Lisa Souza's colorways. They are meant for each other!!


This photo is from my wonderful friend Barb who made her own pattern up for these lovely socks, also Lisa's color.....on which she placed my buttons. Yummy aren't they!! She's a very creative woman!! Check out her blog.

Well....I will for sure carry my camera with me and hopefully even find the time to take pictures of all the happenings at the Stitches East show. Lots of friends, both old and new. I do hope that some of you will be able to come and see me. Lisa Souza and her husband Rod will be in it with me.
Trish Andersen and I are sharing a booth. She does amazing handspun yarns as well.
It's a community of people that I enjoy and look forward to spending time with. I am excited about it all.

AND....then, after the show, I get to go to NY City....hey baby, THE BIG APPLE!....and visit our daughter Jennyrose ;)

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool new needles! Autumn's coloring and spot/strip pattern is so interesting - she looks like a little wildcat with those spots.
Much success to you and Trish at Stitches East, Sheila!

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sigh:: that should be 'stripe' not 'strip'.
My typing and proofreading skills continue to go downhill.

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

Oh, oh! I'm swooning over those needles! If I get a job quickly enough, I'm going to snatch up one of those "Don't Drop" spindles in the same colors!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:23:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Autumn has amazing coloring! Seeing her back, all sleek and shiny, with those spots and stripes (Denise - I read Stripes - so my proofing needs touched up too)she is the picture of health and beauty. What fun to have such a youngster about the house - makes you have to baby proof huh? I love your needles too. You've been having fun creating those lime and violet needles. You really have the spirit of those two in them. Great job!

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:54:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

Wow, those lime and violet needles are the coolest! It's a good thing I have a bday coming up, please hint to Mom that she should buy my present at Stitches!

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Best wishes for an amazing show for all of you. I'll be thinking the succesful thoughts at y'all from the West Coast

 

Post a Comment

<< Home