Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fun Inside!!

Here's Autumn....the 4 month old. She's driving us crazy!!
It's just, exactly like having a 2 year old boy in the house. Now, don't get me wrong....WE LOVE HER...she has brought fun back into our lives. Just watching her play with the wool swatch that she....FOUND...hiding in my basket....is so cute that I can hardly stand it....or...throwing the wool "mouse" in the air and standing on her hind legs batting at it...cracks us up....
But, she's "in heat" now and wants to get petted and loved...ALL OF THE TIME! I guess it's time to call the vet about an appointment...uh oh!!
But, I mean, really, isn't she cute?


This is a lovely new pen that just came out of the kiln....we make glass ink pens as well as circular knitting needles , regular knitting needles and crochet hooks...Notice that beautiful nib that Michael made. It's so georgeous and adds to the over all beauty of the pen. The pens with the new nibs haven't been put onto the site as of yet. Special order item right now.

It's been really cold here. The wood stove has been going full time for the past week. Our wood supply is good and we are very happy about that. We can go a bit longer without having to restock. It's definitely knitting and spinning time.
I finished the scarf for my friend. It turned out great! I'm on my second one in a lime colorway...for another Christmas present.


I also have been making this hat...it's an easy knit and fun....We got it from a great free pattern I love this blog...check it out.
These are some images that our webmistress and consumate felted bag designer, Holly sent of ones that she made. She left off the leaves on the pattern and put one of my buttons on the top...I am doing the same. Great for a cold winter's day!
I hope that you are all keeping warm and enjoying this last day of November.....ONWARD to December and Holiday Fun!!

9 Comments:

At Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

OMG, I want that free pattern!!! (I can't get to it from your linky. :-( )I have the yarn and a button of yours that I'd bought from Stick & Stone to match. I've been running through patterns in my head specifically for a hat for this yarn and button and this is the one I need! And I do mean NEED. ;-)

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Try it again...on the linky...I redid it...if that doesn't work let me know. I tried it after I fixed it and it worked for me. It's great isn't it!

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

What a crazy time for little Autumn. I can just imagine the mischief she must get into! Especially with you spinning and knitting. It just opens the possibilities up for a little cat such as herself.
Michaels pens are beautiful. It's amazing how the colors twist and flow throughout. Of course I'm a big fan of both of your work, and I just fall in love with each piece you put on your site. The glass circulars are working marvelous for the handspun sweater I'm making. Thanks for the link to the hat! If I get through the sweater in time I may have to cast on a hat for Christmas!

 
At Friday, December 01, 2006 3:03:00 AM, Blogger firefly said...

Awfully cute little kittie indeed. Such a sweet face!

Best,
firefly

 
At Friday, December 01, 2006 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Sachi said...

Thanks Sheila!

 
At Friday, December 01, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww-tummy looks beautiful in Dad's arms. Did Michael choose that shirt to highlight his kitty's beauty?

The pen is fabulous. Just gorgeous.

I am loving the hat with the button on top. A good bud of mine made a hat for me last year, using some handspun that I sold to her, the minx and she put a cute little doggie charm at the top. I really like that idea and your buttons are jewelry for the top of the noggin.

It's too cold to go into the dye room today so I am going to go spin something.

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 4:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have seen your blog. I love it. You've done a wonderful job. Your glass is beautiful. My next needle purchase will be your rose top needle!

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Thanks to all of you for checking in to the blog...and taking the time to post a comment. It's always great to hear what you think.
Sachi...glad that you got the pattern...Ms Firefly, above, is the lovely lady who gifted it to us...isn't she sweet.
Barb....thanks for being one of our biggest fans ;)
Michael says..."Oh yah....Lisa knows how color coordinated I am."
Holly..I look forward to you having a set of roses in your future.

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 2:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

autumn is absolutely lovely. and so are the hats. happy b-day to boot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home