Tuesday, December 05, 2006

WOW!! Do I rate or what?

56th Birthday....It was Awesome to say the least!!
It all started a few days ago with the arrival of this box of Vosges http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/ "exotic truffles from Jennyrose...She knows how much I love chocolate truffles...well, chocolate of any kind ;). These are beyond decadent!!

Having NO expectations...really...I greeted the day with a phone call from my great friend Lisa Souza. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have you gotten the box yet?"....No, but the PO is on the to do list, I will let you know if it arrives....today. "It's a giant box".....now this peaks my interest...but knowing that a surprize is coming was enough, at that moment for me.

Michael gives me a big kiss and tells me HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hands me a container of our favorite ice cream....ie. Ben & Jerry's "Phish Food"....now I ask you, what's NOT to love here? He had made a fire, turned on the computer and fed the cats!!
WOW
, what a man!

At 9:30 my incredible friend Nancy M called....sings Happy Birthday and gifts me with my yearly Tarot reading. It was great.....staying balanced is my assignment....and ENJOYING Life....yah, I can work on that!!

So, the day goes on...orders come in...orders go out!!....Yippee!!
I get HAPPY BIRTHDAY greetings through both emails and friends on Fiber Traditions....
I am thinking to myself, it just keeps getting better and better.....
I'm knitting and drinking coffee, eating Phish Food and chocolates....
I AM HAPPY ;)

I get a call from my Friend/Sister Karen....She sings Happy Birthday to me! She's a professional singer amongst many other talents......
"Has your birthday package arrived yet?" We will check at the PO on the way into Eugene to have dinner!!

ALL THINGS COME TO SHE WHO WAITS ;)

Kate calls and invites us over for a visit after we have dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant in Eugene.....Beppe & Gianni's.....YES! We would love to.....


Time to leave for dinner and to run by the PO.....we get there, Michael says he'll go in.....I swear he looked like Santa coming out.....he was loaded with packages...mostly for ME ;)

I tear open the small packages....waiting until we get home to see what's in the mystery package from Lisa........

Inside the present from Karen was this beautiful bracelet that she made. It fits me perfectly and is a Pleasure to wear!! I, ofcourse, put it on immediately!

We had a marvelous dinner!!
Michael and I talked and ate and enjoyed our time together...not doing anything but being He and I!!

The visit with Kate and her beau Tim was short and sweet!! Birthday HUGS!! AHH!!

The drive home......and THEN......the Big Box came into the house.....What could it be?
Well, my friends......HERE IT IS!! Can you believe it? I can't......
WOW...WOW....WOW!!

As I said to Lisa this morning....... I bow to you OH consumate gift giver!!
The ultimate gift!! An Ashford electric spinning wheel ;)

What a day......Like I said, HOW DO I RATE!!!

Thanks to all of you that made my 56th such an amazing birthday....and thanks to all of you who make my life such a joy to be participating in......WOW! I am blessed ;)
PS Thanks for reading this blog.

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

OF course you do! Great day all around.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

You deserve everything wonderful my friend. What a wonderful day of surprises, and Chocolate!

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday! WOW! What a totally terrific gift from Lisa!

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Blogger trainlady said...

Happy Birthday! You made it sound like the perfect day! Hope it continues to be!!

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show off! :o) Hey, you rate cuz you are My Friend Who Knows Everything and the best friend ever. You rate because you are you and it was just time for you to have this thing. Besides...Michael can fart around with it, yes? It is a gift for the whole fam damily. It looks as though the rest of your life is getting off to a great start. I vote for those chocolates and ice cream for breakfast! Mmmmmmmmmm, chocolaaaaaate.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day - you totally deserve it!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:42:00 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Great birthday for a great person!! You deserve it Sheila:-)Happy birthday.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Glad you had such a great day!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

That sounds like one of the best birthdays ever!

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 6:51:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

How's the spinner? What an awesome surprise! Did she use hand-dyed fiber for the packaging? I am glad you had such a lovely day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home