Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year ;)

Hope that all of you are enjoying the beginning of 2007. This is my truest wish for the new year....That we can all learn to coexist and be tolerant of one another!
We are all made from the same kind of stardust!!

I hope that your holiday season brought you much
joy, fun & LOVE!!!

We had a lovely Christmas!!
We opened our presents...I spun on my new electric spinner....Michael's big present to me was a Wooly Winder for my new spinner....
;)
Long distance Merry Christmas greetings and off to Kate & Tim's for espresso and more presents. Then......off to our annual Chinese Christmas brunch and a movie....this time it was Night in the Museum...the perfect Christmas Fun Movie. We all enjoyed ourselves....kiss kiss and home......low stress, high residuals.

This is the first yarn that was spun and plyed on "Beauty" (her new name). It's a lovely baby alpaca, such fun to spin!! It's going to be a cable scarf for our daughter's beau JJ.
I have alot to learn and luckily I am blessed with some good friends who help me. Thank you!!



In the midst of the holiday rush I managed to get something done!
My great friend Barb sent me some of her beautiful, soft handspun for my birthday....so I made myself a hat. I think that I look very silly in hats...but I love them....I mean, if I'm going to look silly in a hat I might as well look Very silly!!

Autumn got a new organic, catnip mousie from her "sister" Kate (they even have the same birthday come to find out).
As you can see she's got the mouse under control ;)

I'm off to eat blackeye peas and rice, mexican cornbread and New Year's chocolate chip cookies!
Best of New Year Wishes to you!!

5 Comments:

At Monday, January 01, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Happy New year! I think happy anniversary too:-)

 
At Monday, January 01, 2007 9:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your alpaca yarn is wonderful! I bet it is so soft and warm too. You knit a beautiful hat! I think I look silly in hats too, but I like them all the same.

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn looks lovely and soft. The plying looks even and soft. :o)

Love the 10 gallon hat. You can let Aww-tummy ride in there when you take her for field trips! You did a great job on it and I bet that it is warm and yummy.

Speaking of Awww-tummy. She is just too adorable. She is like my Sugar Pie. A little love machine and if the dogs let SP's feet hit the floor without a flurry of activity, she would be on my lap or shoulder like Autumn. So KEWT!

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Sheila, that yarn looks perfectly plied to me! It's a nice bulky weight, don't try to compare it to some of the dk or fingering weights you see on these lovely ladies blogs!

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Fabulouso hat, and the alpaca looks soft and silky. Perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home