Friday, October 06, 2006

Holy Socks Batman ;)

Okay...so you know how we always show the new socks that we are making? Well, I thought that I would show you my wonderful hubby's "Holy Socks"...I know that holey is spelled holey but....since he is totally into the socks that I make him, I am taking license with the spelling.
These are the very first pair that I ever made him.....and As you can tell he really "loved up" these socks.
I finished his lovely new turquoise socks night (Lisa Souza colorway "Peacock") before last and he has them on right now....but he still can't quite give these up....he says that he is going to find something to do with them? Go figure!! I'm just glad that he enjoyed them for such a long time ;) !


We have been working hard to get the large order of circular knitting needles off to Toni Neil...she's off to Rhinebeck and will have our needles in her booth (A25)....but...we have been getting orders for circulars in 16". I have never done a hat on circulars before so I was wondering how that worked...not very well with straight circulars. We called our LYS (The Knit Shop in Eugene) and asked Jean, the owner, about this. She told us that the needles with small lengths have a bend in the needles.....so we thought we'd try that out. Here's the first pair. Rather cute don't you think. I plan on casting on a hat to give them a try. Thought I'd show you of future things on our plate.

AND.....I have been doing some spinning...in my spare time ofcourse....which means that no spinning has been done for a week or more.....Anyhoo.. This is a 75% Shetland Romney and 25% Mohair blend..from my friends at Blessed Creations (dairyshepherd@hotmail.com).... and I am just about to plying stage. Hope that I get the chance to do that soon.

We have been very busy these days. The weather has gotten cool here with fog in the mornings and lovely sunny afternoons. I do believe that we will have our first fire in the wood stove tonight. Actually looking forward to that!! Guess I am giving up on the wish that Summer would stay around a little longer. Fall has brought us bounty of all sorts and I am going to enjoy my days. Hope you are all doing the same ;)

8 Comments:

At Friday, October 06, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Cool needles!!! You are a genious!!! The spinning is lovely!

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006 6:29:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Wow! Those are breezy socks indeed. Glad he got a new pair before Winter kicked in :-) It feels so great to have someone really enjoy our knitting - that's really sweet.

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila, those socks are something else! ;-) It's wonderful to see such an obviously well-loved handknit! Those 16" circulars are abfab - will you be rolling them out for general consumption soon? I know you'll have a great Rhinebeck show. :-) - Sam

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

How great that your husband loves wearing the socks you handknit. Must make it easier to knit him more. Love the color of the new circs and your spinning is looking lovely, too.

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 2:44:00 PM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Gorgeous needles, gorgeous spinning, and I love the spindles. Okay, take a little bit of Cinderella and a pinch of Sleeping Beauty, throw them up in the air together, and what comes down is glass spindles. Magic!

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael...give up the socks. Hey, I know...put some catnip in there, roll em into a ball and sew them shut...instant toy for Awww-tummy. Go ahead show everybody your new kitty. You know that you wanna.

Oh yes...the needles. Ummmmmmm awesome.

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Michael can save those socks for summer since they're air conditioned? Cool needles - can't wait to see them in person!
Lovely spinning :-)

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Saw your needles at Toni's booth at the fair!!!

I just ordered from you and I'm excited to pick up my new needles at the PO today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home