Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yeah, so what have you been up to?

I know, it's been just ages since I have written onto the blog. It's not because I didn't want it done, or that I didn't have news to report.....it was just because I've been doing other things. So now I have pictures to prove it.

First of all, thanks to all you Angels out there for your healing energies sent to Smerm. Without you and a very tall gorgeous vet I wouldn't have this picture to post....of the next life of Smerm Ernst. Isn't she cute. Alive and well and full of IT..... just the way we like her.
She told me to relay to you how much she appreciated you all and that she wasn't ready to give it up yet.
The vet (Mr. G, I have no idea what his name is, but he was tall and very handsome) shot her up with electrolytes, cleaned her teeth....tarter may have been one of the factors....gave her a Vitamin B12 shot...I volunteered for one to, but NO...and sent us all on our merry way. Since she got home she's been gobbling more food than she ate in a month and using the um...bathroom alot. Blessings!!

So I have been taking the opportunity to work on things that I had been putting off with the recent upset of Smerm's impending departure. IE....knitting on Michael's new turquoise socks....well, fact is I only have one done so far
but hey, I couldn't wait to show off. At least the other one is started. I just adore turquoise and this is from Lisa Souza's amazing hand dyed sock yarn in the "Peacock" colorway. I did put in some reinforcement in the heel. I have finally figured out how to make the Purrfect..... fit his feet..... socks for Michael ;)

I also have been working on my VERY first cable project... as I stated a few blog entrys ago, but who can remember that far back....so anyhoo,
I just love cabling.
I must admit that our circulars make it very fun indeed!! Show off that I am I had to put them in a prominent place for all to see!
This yarn is so sweet to work with. I got it in a lovely trade with the same Lisa Souza that I mentioned above. She tells me that it was from a prize winning Alpaca. Only Tom, yes...Tom Clark and I were the only ones lucky enough to get a bit of it.... ;)
Even the Buddah loves it...but then, he loves everything!!

We will be going to Oregon Flock and Fiber in Canby Oregon in a week (September 23 & 24). Our booth is located in the 4H building....across from the kitchen area.
We will be have our glass circulars in the booth for all to try, along with our buttons, shawl sticks, crochet hooks, straight knitting needles and loads of other Ernst products.
Please stop by and see us!! The show is great and well worth the visit. ;)

In addition to readying ourself for OFFF I have been making bizillions of buttons for an order I got going with Hill Creek Yarn Shoppe near Kansas City, MO. It's still not quite done but I am hoping to have it in the mail next Monday. The gals there are super...if you ever stop by send my Hellos.

This week I contacted Toni Neil of The Fold. She is going to be handling our circular needles at the
New York Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck NY in October.
We are very excited about this!!! Toni is awesome, to say the least!

Michael and our friend Dan took down our gignormous Cedar tree from behind our house. I tend to stay away from the area when men, trees and chainsaws are involved. Besides that....this tree has been the main component of the Christmas wreaths that I make each year. I was quite sad to see it go....but it will give us warmth and cedar bags to put amongst my wool yarn this year and in the years to come.
Oh yeah....the tree was already dead ;( (Michael made me tell you this so you wouldn't think he was a tree killer....like some Oregonians)

I hope that all is well with you and thanks for reading while I blather on!!

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger jenknits said...

Smerm? She looks like a KITTEN in this photo! Love the socks - gotta get me some peacock. First cabling project - awesome! Did you create the pattern? And I love when you blather on - I can feel your energy and excitement right through the world wide web! Just like Lisa :-)

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Hi Jen....Smerm says...YEAh, that's what happens when you get another life, you get to be a kitten again. We should ALL be so lucky ;)
That's for the kudos Jen. I got the pattern from the http;//www.mimknits.com website by Miriam Felton.....It's a lovely free pattern...I love it.
Thanks for giving me the go-ahead to lip flap away!! xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home