Sunday, September 17, 2006

Gifts of Fall


Michael found these two incredible bird nests and brought them to me.....

knowing that I am a sucker for bird nests tooo!
I have quite a LOVE-HATE relationship with Fall. I love the air, the sky and the way the Sun shines. The way that it filters in.. rather than blasting through... like it does in the Summer. However...the fact that Fall means that Summer is over and that Winter is lurking right around the corner... really annoys me to my very core.

So...this year I am attempting to have a good feeling about it and enjoy the wonderful gifts that it brings to the world and to ME.
So I am waking to the exquisiteness of the Fall air and the light coming through our bedroom window. The Oak tree with the funny vine that
grows in it in the Summer and then turns a beautiful
raspberry in the Fall...

our yummy cherry tomatoes (in red and orange) that
we will soon eat.... then remember all Winter and Spring
long how they tasted and how much we look forward to
planting them again.


The transition that Fall brings always makes me ponder how this will include me. This year will manifest different values and a realization of all the Sweet friends that have come into my life. I am very grateful and in wonder of each and every one.. Those that I am in close contact with as well those that are out there somewhere.

The amazing Alison Hyde wrote and told me this week that when The Yarn Harlot came to visit in the San Francisco Bay area she gifted her with a pair of our glass circular needles that she had recently purchased. They will be Oh So Cool for Stephanie's next lace project and it is so very Great to know that the cobalt blues will be touring the country with The Yarn Harlot!!!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Sheila I think you carry sunshine inside of you. You brighten so many lives. I am looking forward to a beautiful, colorful fall. This winter I have my beautiful glass circulars and my wool... These things are part of my stored up "sunshine" and as you said the warmth of friends will get us through the grey days ahead. I'm so excited to hear The Yarn Harlot has a pair of your circulars. Thanks for sharing the news!

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummm, my mouth is watering just looking at those tomatoes! our little neighbor girl brought over a basket of little cherry tomatoes last night and i am so looking forward to eating them tonight!

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the deck looks so wonderful and peaceful. No wonder...the Buddha is watching over you. I am going to manifest tomatoes on my deck next summer. The fence is REALLY high and the deer have to run UPHILL so perhaps they will allow me to come back to the life of a veggie wrangler. I look on your photo of the tomatoes with the knowledge that you and Michael live a life that allows this peaceful setting. Love those socks and the scarf looks yummy!

Bon Voyage to Smerm. She did you proud and I am glad that her last portrait was such a pretty one, with Dad smoothing her feathers. Not long now...she is sending you someone new who needs your love, attention and tidbits.

Have a great weekend with the PNW flock. I will be there in spirit.

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Angela said...

You were one of MY fall gifts this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home