Wednesday, September 06, 2006

AH Life!!

I feel that this will Not be my last post with this title. Life has a way of mixing the bitter in with the sweet. Consequently I am putting up a picture of our Sweet Little Smerm. She is leaving, I fear. She has been a member of the family for 17 years now. This past year and a half we have lost our Mama Cat, Pia...our Chow, Schatzy and now Smerm. I thank them all for having helped us raise our children and for loving us so well. It's always hard to say good-bye and I must admit that I am finding that letting go is one of the hardest things I do. Many thanks to all of those who are sending light and love as we go though this rough time.



I have been busying myself, trying to remain calm and remember that life is Sweet. I put up some pear preserves for the winter....however they are so good I will be amazed if they last through the Fall. They are yummy and Michael and I have been enjoying them. Luckily the tree still has a few to be picked and put up.


Our server finally allowed us to put the circular needles up onto the website....they had to retire the old server....it went to server heaven.
We have been blessed with orders almost every day since they went up and we are so pleased..... it's so good to have the new baby up and walking. Run baby run!!

Now I get to show you what Pat Fly of Angora Valley Fibers made using our buttons and beads.
I have been talking about having a sock pattern that incorporated our buttons and Pat ran with the ball. Aren't they cute! I just love Pat! She's put these up as kits for people to buy. They are on her website and hopefully one day soon will also be on ours as well.
I have also been knitting a cable scarf as a Christmas present for our daughter's boyfriend. It's my first cableing and I have found that I just love it. It's good for having a cat in your lap who needs comfort and attention.
But right now I have to finish getting things ready for today's mail run ;)

6 Comments:

At Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

Oh Sheila. Stella and Jessie Cat sending you warm kitten cuddles.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear abour Smerm. My heart goes out to you. I've been through this myself.
The socks Pat made are fantastic. I've been an admirer of her work, and now yours as well.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Smerm. I am glad that you took her picture, Sheila. That honors her little soul. Food for you for making all of the pear stuff...one foot in front of the other and a full larder is happiness to me.

The socks are just too cool. Wow. Can you wear them under a nice skirt or hey guys...more leg under the kilt! Great job, Pat!

Too many pets leaving at the same time...we need to stagger this pain a bit more. The only thing that has EVER gotten me past it is the addition of a new little furry friend into the household...Smerm will send one when she is ready.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:03:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Smerm is so beautiful! She has had a wonderful long life with you.

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:20:00 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

I'm so glad to hear that Smerm is doing better...and it's so nice to know you are another soul who cans! I just made some fabulous pickles from the huge cukes in my garden and it was so satisfying. (I'm a sour fanatic.)

Thinking of you! Joanne
PS: If I could justify one more set of needles, it would be some of your circulars in a size 5. I'm currently trying to cut down, though. (haha.)

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I am so gglad Smerm took a turn for the better! Whoopie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home