Friday, April 20, 2007

To Bead or Not to Bead

I decided NOT to go to the Bead Expo in Oakland last weekend.. boy am I Glad! When I saw where they had put our booth...in the farthest reaches of the Convention Center..next to the storage area & then figured how much it would cost to drive down there....gas, hotel, food. I thought I could be spending time with my family & making stock for the upcoming Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.
So as my good friend would say I jettisomed the show.





We made lots of beads for the show and I thought that I would show you the little pearls.
I call these our Ivana Beads because they are SO rich and I can just see them hanging around a certain woman's (who happens to share the same name) neck. Lots of them strung together with pearls and diamonds. Can you see it?

9 Comments:

At Saturday, April 21, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Mia said...

I can't wait to see you at MDS&W. I need to go and figure out where you will be so I can plan my shopping. I am still in love with my needles. And I can't wait to see the beads.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2007 7:24:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Oh. My. Gawd. You have my most favorite baubles on your blog today! *swoon* I didn't make it to that show, either. I couldn't get rid of my %&@*%#@# ear infection! Have a great time in Maryland!

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

My God those are beautiful beads! Then again, everything you do is really that beautiful. I'm sure you will have a much better time at MDS&W. Take lots of pictures! I finished knitting my Flower Basket Shawl on my beautiful glass circulars and I have to say that that last third of the shawl was alot nicer to knit as a result. Like night a day. Have a great trip!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Sheila, your beads are just breathtaking.

You are an amazing artist!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your beads are just stunningly beautiful! I can indeed picture them as you described. Thanks for sharing, I can see what kept you from your blog - you have been creating treasure!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Those are some truly exquisite beads Sheila!

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:58:00 AM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Gorgeous! Watch out, you'll have me asking what I asked Rosemary, about doing one in a treble clef pattern for all the musicians out there...

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

I can just see these strung on some hand-spun natural cashmere and silk! Which I spun a lot of yesterday. Love ewe Trish

 
At Monday, May 14, 2007 10:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dahling, those Ivana beads are simply maaaahvelous. Truly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home