Monday, March 19, 2007

What's the Point?

There's so much to do.....
I have a long list which, seems to keep growing even though I get to cross things off as I go along.
One of the things that has been on the list for a while is to take photos of the Double Points that we are now making. The only ones on the site right now are the Lime & Violet dps....we have more colors (Amber Passion, Brilliant Blue, Triple Passion, Lime, Violet, as well as Ruby "Blush"). A full page will be devoted to offering them on the website. I will put them on the blog when I get them photographed.
Holly, our web mistress is going on a much needed vacation until April 15th. I just talked with her and she said that she will put us into the que to take care of this when she returns.
In the meantime, Barb sent us this great photo of socks in progress using our Double Points. I just love how she set it up! She is an incredible knitter and we are honored to call her friend!

This lovely month of March was set aside for working on the house and garden.....best made plans.....

A year and a half ago, when Kate moved away from home I decided that we would make over her room....into...wah lah....our new computer/office room...simple as that!! Sure Sheila....all you have to do is DO IT!!
I purchased paint from Home Depot the first week of March. It's called Light Taupe...

Last Saturday....as the March was fast clicking off...I started on the room.....First all of the things had to be removed from it....a days work...
Now to get it painted. As you can see I have the help of an experienced painter...ie Autumn (mostly she stares out the window at the birds...but she says she's helping)...and her tail does come in handy to pick up the spots of paint that have fallen on the floor.

We have decided that we need a vacation as well. We deserve it and we are going to take advantage of an opportunity to go to the California Glass Exchange this year. It's going to be held in San Bernadino, CA....March 29th through March 31st. The list of great glass blowers is mighty! People that we admire!! We will also see some good friends there.....&.....a good time will be had by all!! We are very much looking forward to the respite....and although we will be doing double time before and after the event...........it's going to be worth it!!

I hope that all of you are enjoying your pre Spring!!

9 Comments:

At Monday, March 19, 2007 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

Love those Lime & Violet girls!!!

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Gorgeous needles and socks! :)

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

What beautiful double points!

Enjoy your vacation sweetie pie, you will come back with double the energy and tons of ideas.

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:55:00 PM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Have a wonderful time, and your double points are beautiful!

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:34:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Those double points are just wonderful to knit with. I love 'em! Have a wonderful trip. You deserve a break and some fun. Your house is looking great with all the new paint. Good Job!

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:24:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

OK ma'am, bring lots of those wonderful needles to MARYLAND because I am going to come BUY SOME!
When I finish my swing coat I'm going to knit with that Colrain yarn on my glass circulars. Won't that be yummy.

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

I love knitting with my DP's!

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...a busman's holiday. How lovely. It's kind of like when we went to M$&W as civilians. It helped me remember what I love about fiber. I hope that you come back full of ideas that will help YOU to remember what you love about even those so-called duds up the hill...Fairy Buttons.

Love the room. It is so sunny and bright.

I hope that Aww-tummy is a good girl on the road and that you can relax and have fun.

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

Dear Lisa,

I've been knitting my Flower Basket Shawl in Koigu with my beautiful glass double pointed needles and it's a real pleasure to knit with them. Getting used to the different type of cable/join took a minute as I have an unfortunte tendency to want to bunch my stitches up on the needle to knit faster and the yarn-overs for lace want to get stuck around the join. I have that problem at the join with most needles when knitting lace so it's no big surprise (I tend to knit lace a little tight) However, I have now perfected my technique and am happily knitting along without undue delay or problems. Key, knit looser like you are supposed to and calm down a little. Works like a charm. The needles are sleek/smooth/visually stunning but I can see why you don't make them thinner than what I'm using. I've been know to snap wooden US 1 needles much less trying to knit with thin glass. In US 3-4 they are very sturdy and I have no fears knitting with them. Of course, I knit with them in bed because I'm a clutz! Terrific needles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home