Sunday, August 06, 2006

Head 'em up & move 'em out!!






It has been a very busy week here at Chez Ernst. We are getting ready to do the Stitches Mid-West show this coming weekend in Chicago......Then,
I arrive at home after the Chicago show on Monday evening and leave on Wednesday to drive down to Santa Monica, CA to do the Fabulous Fiber Fest.
Alot of work has gone into getting ready for these two shows.


Meanwhile....
We have created a brand new product. Glass circular knitting needles. They are a Dream to work with!! Not to mention Beeeutiful!!! I have been making one of Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawls with them and, as a knitter, I am in love with them!!!
They will be very reasonably priced at $20.00 a set.
They haven't gone up on the Website as of yet so you will have to contact us through the blog if you want to be the first on your block to own your own set.


I am going to be sharing the booth (#1011) with Trish Andersen. She's a wonderful hand-spinner and a lovely traveling companion. I do hope those of you that will be coming to Stitches Mid-West will come by and say hello.

Michael and I will be at the Fabulous Fiber Fest. You will have to ask at the door for the location of our booth.

I am looking forward to both of these shows. It is always a pleasure to get to spend time with the wonderful people who come, both customers and vendors.

I scored this week when a package arrived from Lisa Souza with this incredible bundle of yummy yarn inside. Wow, it's great to have friends!! Thanks Lisa! ;) I am going to make a very large felted bag out of it....it could be a suitcase, who knows. I wish that I had it done already!!



Also made a felted purse this week, well I finished it. It's the Barley Twist Bag from Holly's felted bags. You can see it at the shows. It's Very Cute!!

I leave you with a Tiger Lily from our garden. They are one of my very favorite summer flowers!!
I hope that you all have a wonderful two weeks. I will be thinking of you, taking picture for my blog and having a hell of a good time. Thanks to all of you that write comments. I love hearing from you. Take good care of yourselves and enjoy Summer.

11 Comments:

At Monday, August 07, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Sheila, I absolutly LOVE your new circulars! Thanks for letting me test a pair out, it was/is pure pleasure. Okay - how much do I love them? I have dropped my Addi's to use your needles. The glass feels better in my hand, and the points are much sharper than the Addi's so I can pick up stitches easier with yours.

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 8:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, you have got a winner there. The points are spectacular...perfect for digging in there and doing YO, K7 tog stuff (just thinking of that stitch makes me sweat but it could be done with these needles.) Much success. :o)))

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger jenknits said...

Oh, those glass needles are sooo beautiful! Good luck at the shows! Hugs to you.

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I'm definitely going to want one of those!!! I just have to see what sizes you will have? i'd like to get circular- a three or a four. Are you making them that small? gorgeous Sheila!! Good luck at stitches!!

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After you're back from Stitch...I'm interested in a four or five size glass circular.....

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what they look like! How do they compare weightwise to rosewoods? Either way, I'm absolutely going to have to try a pair.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Gorgeous needles!

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am very curious about these needles. As a lampworker, I'll need a pair of those for sure!

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE my new circs! They are just so absolutely gorgeous. Wow! Thank you! And I have to say too, the cable part is the softest and best I've ever come across.

Absolutely fabulous needles. Thank you!!

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad that your needles are geting such rave reviews! they are truly beautiful.

 
At Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:51:00 AM, Anonymous feltandcrafts said...

hey your evry designs are awesome.. cant stay without saying...wowwww...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home