Wednesday, July 05, 2006

All the new, that's fit to print






Here is a new batch of orifice hooks. They just keep getting better and better!! The ones with the dichroic in them are not only practical but they are beautifully sparkly too. The dicroic hooks are $60 (the dicro is expensive & much more difficult to work with) and we feel that they are priced so that they offer availability so that everyone who spins can have at least one in their collection. The last two in the line up are $45. Contact us via email at smernst@juno.com if one of them suits you.

This is the baby alpaca roving that I bought at the Black Sheep Gathering.... spun up. I am very proud of how it turned out.
I am new to spinning and I am enjoying the process alot! The yarn turned out to be this lovely champagne color....they call it Sand.
I got it from Stick and Stone Fiberarts from Van Nuys, CA. The two women who run the store are very nice, Margarite and Janel. If you get in touch with them please be sure and mention my name. Also, they have my buttons in their new shop.

Exciting news.....I cast on and have been knitting on the DFS. I am happy that this is the day that we chose to begin...and that it's finally here. It's coming along quite nicely so far. Pretty soon I will put in a "life line" so that I can feel comfortable. As it's my first lace piece I wouldn't want to have to tear it out, if I can help it. So wish me luck......back to knitting.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Thanks Holly, I really appreciate all of it....blush....I would love to have you have one of our hooks!! Just let us know ;)

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:45:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I love the baby alpaca yarn! It looks so soft I bet it would make a lovely scarf or hat, or mittens... it's just so pretty! Your new orafice hooks are just amazing! I love seeing your and Michael's creations. The glass orafice hooks feel so nice when you use them, I really don't mind when my thread get's sucked into the bobbin and I have to use my hook to pull it back out. I use my hook to weight my ply and let it twist back on itself to see how the set twist should come out for thickness - a lot! That way I get to see the colors twirl around as the twist settles back on the ply. You know, ANY excuse to use my glass orafice hooks will do!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Sheila E said...

Thanks Barb for that helpful information. I hadn't thought about using the hook to weight the ply...even though I have seen you do it...but I will from now on.

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger jenknits said...

Oh my goodness, so many pretty pictures! The glass orifice hooks are gorgeous - and the spinning - OH MY! Baby alpaca, huh? Must be super soft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home