Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Day Out!!

I have been home for the past few weeks and I was ready for an outing!!!! Michael and I decided that it would be a great and beautiful day to go to Eugene's Saturday Market. It's a great place to buy beautiful veggies and plants and be amongst the good energies of lovely Eugenites. I thought that I would share a bit of it all with you.
This is the Pepper lady. She has been at Market for years and has a booth filled with both plant starts and beautiful hanging dried peppers. As you can pretty much tell by looking at her she is a happy lady who enjoys what she does! Always an uplifting thing to see!
We had too much fun packing ourselves with cabbage, tomatoes, sunflower starts to plant in the garden, cherries.....yummm, zuchinni, lettuce.....and lovely new plants.....I bought these great day lillies, they were too beautiful to pass up!! Day lillies are great, they grow and grow year after year and never complain about where they are planted or how much food they get.
The beauty of everything just blew me away. It is true...... life is a flat of cherries!!
The sun shone, little children giggled and everyone was having a great time enjoying this amazing event and a Summer day.

Michael and I left laden with good, organic food and smiles on our faces!! If you are ever in Eugene in the Summer please come and visit Saturday Market, I know that you will come away with a special knowledge of this amazing place ;)

2 Comments:

At Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks for sharing your day! What great photo's you took! I think there must be something I'm missing on Day Lilies.... I can never get them to stay alive. I think the slugs like them too. :-)

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 7:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fer Crimony sake...you whine to me for years...I caaaaaaannnn't posssssssibly have anything to say on a blog...who would be interested in what I have to say, blah blah blah blah. You are a natural, you silly woman. I love all of the pictures and I am getting a kick out of your enthusiasm and gift of letting us see things through your eyes. I love the market photos and those of all of the gang at BS. Next year...next year...if they will have me. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home