Monday, July 24, 2006

Dragon's Breath

We did the Salem Art Fair and Festival this past weekend. It was 106... in the shade.
Here is our booth all gussied up and ready to go for the three days of Summer fun?
We sort of got the clue early that it was gonna be hot....OH Yeah!
The park is beautiful with lots of ancient oak trees to shade the alabaster craft folks who live in the Northwest. We were at the end of a row that had NO trees and thus NO shade after 12:30. The Sun was relentless!!

Luckily we were amongst our fellow "Never say Die" artisians. Good ones too!! The show was amazing. I captured only a few on camera... I am sharing my favorites with you.

I just LOVE these metal shoes created by Gary & Micki Voorhies. They are Very Talented couple and lovely couple. Their "garden art" was quite a success. Check them out!











This is Tamara Greiter. An amazing artist who I purchased a piece from....it was a small, inexpensive piece but.....I got one!! It's the one to her right, the lady with the yellow bird on her head.


Needless
to say,
after three days of
scorching
heat

we were
NOT amused
or often
upright
for that matter.
This was Sunday afternoon on the grass.....get my drift?
I would have a picture of me in here too...but I don't want to scare any children who might accidentally have seen it.
See, aren't you glad that you waited to see the Dragon?
Isn't she bloody amazing? She was blowing fire all weekend.
Amazing sculpture by Shane Schaeffer


All in all it was another interesting adventure.
We are both VERY glad to be home with our sweet kitties and our fairly cool home!!



5 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:26:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

The cat looks like she has a price tag on the back of her neck. I'll take her, how much is she??

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:37:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

Oh my, I am glad to hear you survived the heat. Great pics!

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I love that painting!! I love the dragon but I am hating that you had to roast up there in the land of the alabaster artists...hey, my legs look like that (they are really scary and exposed in shorts right now...shudder) so does that mean that I could live in Oregon? Is that Smerm?

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Wowie that's WAAAY to hot. You've got great taste!

 
At Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of the sculptures in the above blog is accredited to the wrong artist. I am the artist of the fire-breathing dragon. Please contact me for the correct information. Thank you,
Tamara Fountain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home