Monday, June 26, 2006

Too Much Fun!!!

This is an official Black Sheep, isn't he the cutest thing? He knows that he is representing his breed at this amazing event. It was hotter than HELL and he is still smiling. Now that's an accomplishment!!!!

We had record breaking heat here in Oregon. Last night on our way home the temperature in Cottage Grove was 99 and it was 8 at night. These animals were real troopers and I was glad to see them traveling back to their cool pastures!!

We had such an amazingly good time this weekend!!



What a great woman Barb is!!! I feel very privileged to have her in my life. She's a mentor, a lovey and a happy being. Not to mention the most diplomatic person....in the world....I would chose to emulate the qualities of this terrific lady!!!!!


Look it's Tina with her her hair up and the new hairsticks that look so pretty in her hair. She and Barb traveled all the way from Seattle to spend the weekend here with us at Black Sheep. I cannot tell you how delightful she is!


Here is the best picture that we could take of Denise. She's much prettier than this! This little ball of fire is inspiring...wait until you see her new knitting cards....there is a perfect one for every knitter that you know. She brought some prototypes with her & everyone who saw them were laughing! She's already got places......stores...... that WANT them!! Yahoo!! Good work Denise ;)

Here are Holly O and Orion....Mother and Daughter, each a delight to share time with!
Orion started her first sock on the trip and was busy with it most of the time......she knits like the wind, Holly is teaching her the toe up method. I got to look over Holly's shoulder as she patiently explained to Orion how to pick up a dropped stitch, without a crochet hook. It was such a great way to do it.....that I am just hoping I can remember. Luckily Holly said that she'd be at OFFF, just in case I need another tutorial.


Jessica spent most of her time spinning....and rightly so, she is awesome with a wheel!!


Marti was always working on something. Walking and knitting and or sitting and spinning. She is a very industrious, gentle woman.

I brought my wheel in on Saturday and pretended to spin with them for a while, but they are ALL a hard act to follow!! Finally I just sat in Awe! Hoping that some of their magic would rub off onto ME.....what are the chances?
The spinning circle was close to our booth and they would run into the booth and buy some of Lisa Souza's roving.....then beat it back to their wheels. It was great to have Lisa be here too....in spirit and roving. Maybe next year we can talk Lisa and Rod into joining us in Eugene.
They are flying across America onward to Convergence.


Good buddies Terri and Karen traveled from Seattle as well. You can tell, they really enjoy each other & life.

A group of us had dinner together on Saturday night. We all went to our favorite thai restaurant in Eugene and had a chance to sit and visit for a while. As I sat at the end of the table and looked across at these people that I basically just met and yet felt so close to I realized how blessed I am. All of these new additions to our family are Very Special to me.

I didn't whine...too much...when everyone took off for Seattle...Only because I get to see them again at OFFF this coming Fall in Portland....Otherwise.....





This is the award winner from the sweater competition and.....guess what....it has a Sheila Ernst button on it!! Does this mean I'm an award winner too? It sure makes me feel like one. ;)
All this....and heaven too!!








AND NOW......... I leave you with a few pictures of the critters that joined us at Black Sheep this year.






















1. Curley 2. Moe 3. Evil bunnies in cage
4. A pretty face 5. Old Blue eyes...formerly known as Frank






10 Comments:

At Monday, June 26, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I had the most wonderful time. Thank you Sheila and Michael for suggesting we come check out BSG! Fabulous fibers, tools, and accessories, and even more fabulous friends. See you at OFFF!

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

Lovely photos! I wish I could have stayed to share Saturday with you as well. It looks like you all had such a great time together!

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:24:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Thanks for the pictures! People AND sheep!

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photo's, thanks for posting them. i had a wonderful time just hanging out and spending time with folks.

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing was as nice as meeting you, Sheila!

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos really made me feel like I was there, all over again -- you really managed to capture the ambiance of the place! Really enjoyed spending time with you and Michael. Hope to see you later this year at OFFF and at BSG next year.

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I finally made it to BSG. It was wonderful seeing you and Michael again and I love my new crochet hook!
I had a great time at our little dinner party Saturday night and the food was fabulous! Can't wait to see everyone again. :)

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for the write-up and photo essay. I will TRY for OFFF :)

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:41:00 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

fantastic post! i feel like i was there :-)

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sheila - I am really enjoying catching up on what I missed. What a lovely entry - so many of my favorite faces. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home