Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's actually Summer in Oregon

Hello and Happy Summer. It sure seems like the other day, I was freezing and so glad to be behind the torch keeping warm and making lovely glasswork. Now it's too warm to do that after 12:00 so I have to sit and spin....bummer ;) I do love Summer!! The out of doors is so accessible and the nights are magic.

Here's another picture that Denise took of Michael and I at Black Sheep. It was so Hot and yet I don't look too wilted....how can Michael handle that beard? Stubborness.
Our daughters call him the old goat. His tee shirt says, "Thou Shalt Not Snivel"...I'm afraid that's wasted on me. I call it rumination.

I am afraid that I have been wasting time here lately. Although I have gotten some orders out for people who have been waiting since the Black Sheep Gathering. I thank them for their patience. I know how hard it can be to wait for things that you really want.

On July 5th some friends and I are going to cast on Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawl. Here's the url if you'd like to check it out. http://siviaharding.com/Diamonds2.html . We picked July 5th because it was the day that Daisy, the first cloned sheep was born.
I think that I have decided to make it out of this lovely yarn that I traded buttons for while I was doing a show last year. I do hope that I will have enough to finish it. I started it yesterday....yep, I jumped the gun..just couldn't help it. Got a bit of it done and then....even though I put in a "life line"....I totally messed it up. It was on a row where you bind off 5 stitches, when I tried to back track the 5 stitch bind off had felted a bit and decided it didn't want to coorperate. Damn!!! Will that teach me? Probably NOT!

I had 900 yards of this raspberry yarn, which I just love but will I now have enough to make the shawl??? With so many lovely yarns out there and in my stash, it's really difficult for me to make a decision as to what I should use. I guess that I will take my chances and get as far as I get.

This is the official blue ribbon winner of the Sheep to Shawl competition at the Black Sheep Gathering. She wore both of them proudly!! And rightly so. It's so amazing to think that that was ALL done in just one day!!

And this is Andrea who friends call Cookie....because she is SO Sweet. Michael and I met her down at TKGA in Oakland several years ago. She's an awesome spinner and crocheter and just a whole lot of fun. It was so good to see she and her husband up in our neck of the woods.

Have a wonderful Fouth of July!!
We are staying home and enjoying the beautiful weather and each other! That's enough celebration for us.

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 5:52:00 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

sheila, may i please ask who sells that beautiful raspbrry yarn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home