Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yummy Stuff!!

The sky was blue today...the sun shone and all was well with the world. Yeah...things are going on...but It's All Good!!
So I decided to have you take a look at some of the goodies that are lighting up my life right now.
These red & black socks are from our good friend Barb. She made them for me using Lisa Souza's sock yarns and I Just LOVE them! They fit my feet like....well they were made for them!!! THanks So MUch Barb...you Sweetie You ;)


The second entry are the socks that I made for Michael to wear to Stitches West....they are also made from Lisa's sock yarn....Gendarme color way. They knitted up like a dream and are so amazingly beautiful....okay, handsome. He wore them two days and of course showed them off to Lisa.


This is a lovely skein of Lisa's hardtwist sock yarn in the Emerald City colorway. It will make another great pair of socks for Michael. He had a hard winter on the sock scene and I am working hard to get his supply back up again.
I love this hard twist yarn because I think it will take him a bit longer to...shall I say it....wear them out....Here's hoping (fingers crossed)!!


I am also making another pair of socks with Superwash yarn from my friend Pat Fly of Angora Valley Yarns. This one is from her Monarch hand dyed yarn. She calls it "nasturtium"....beautiful gemstone colors....YUMMY to say the least.
These little beauties will be in my sock drawer!

I do have something else to wrap about!! ;)....
I have been working on my "Moonlight Stole" from Kiparoo Farm. I am really enjoying it. It does act a lot like my curly hair....the longer it gets...the shorter it gets...But then....I'm a Blocker (I block)...so what do I care? Besides I still have a little less than 2 skeins to go until it's done.


So there you have it...my work is cut out for me...and there's more lurking in the cupboards...I'm ignoring them for right now.
This in addition to getting orders out, amassing large quantities of stock for the Maryland Sheep & Wool, and painting one & a half rooms in our house will keep me quite busy for the month of March.
I'll keep you posted... :)

9 Comments:

At Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

Lovely, lovely! It's all just lovely!

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 8:20:00 PM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Wonderful socks! Wonderful time seeing you all last weekend. I had no idea about your ankle; gee, I could have loaned or given you one of my canes, Sheila, because even if they'd been a bit short for you, it might have helped take a load off that foot a bit. I hope you're getting better fast.

It wasn't till after it was over that it hit me, I didn't get to pet Autumn, I never saw her there. Next year?

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Ahhh... those socks look right at home on your feet. Those socks of Michael's are awesome (In person and on camera) and I love your works in progress. I'm so proud that you are a blocker. That stole will be long and flowing when you are done with it.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 5:16:00 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

I love seeing Emerald City spread across the knitting world!
Looking forward to seeing you in May.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 10:12:00 AM, Blogger jenknits said...

You're a BLOCKER! Woo Hoo! Your wrap is looking just lovely - what a great color! Can't wait to see you in May!

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger jackie_knits said...

Hope those sprains are healing because those feet are all dressed up for dancing - play the oldies and rock and roll! The stole is looking beautiful - I feel the challenge! Add a beutiful shawl pin and your ensemble will be complete. Happy painting!

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Oooooooooh! What pretty things! It's all looking lovely. :) It was wonderful to see you at Stitches!

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

Beautiful socks! I bought my sister sock yarn from Lisa Souza and I know she plans to use her new glass double pointed needles if the size is right! She's the sock knitter in the family. I'm mostly lace. I'm interviewing lace patterns to use my circular glass needles on. I'll let you know once I make something with them and post on my blog once I do. Again, love those socks!

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the angora farms yarn, I am knitting a pair of socks for Dennis right now in their lacewing yarn. Very yummy stuff! Your socks are

 

Post a Comment

<< Home