Monday, September 24, 2007

Not Cracked But a little OFFF! ;)

We are home after a marvelous weekend at the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival.
Another lovely Fall weekend in Canby Oregon. It was quite crowded on Saturday...this is what the Spinner's Circle looked like most of the time. The appreciation of spinning is growing and bringing quite a community together!


GREAT
friends, good food, animals, learning around the camp fire....GOOD Times!
Barb & Tina, Jen & Sam set up camp and made everyone that came their way.... feel at home and welcome....ahh....what can I say about a safe haven to come to?...BUT..Thanks Ladies ;)
And come we all did!


I must admit..... that you could find me, if you looked, visiting with my friends out at the camp site....talking, eating hot dogs, home grown corn...yumm... and having an absolutely enjoyable time!




Lori (Lo to her friends) & David came down to share in the fun...bringing laughter, a wonderful son & guitars....Michael had a blast playing with David & Thaddeus around the camp Saturday night!!

Anthony, who helped Sam and Jen set up their tent was a welcome visitor.....he's quite a knitter! "No spinning for him", said he....I said, "hang around this crowd long enough and that will change...for sure!




Alexandra & Mataniu, as well as brother Tucker came to OFFF and they ended up enveloped as well on Saturday night.
*Alexandra makes the most awesome lazy kates ever made...check them out!
*Mataniu is a Goddess of the highest form!
*Tucker helped us get our PC working.....thanks for that!

Unfortunately I didn't get snaps of our other most welcome friends & patrons that came to the show....but you know who you are and how much I enjoyed getting to visit with you!!

Here's a few of my favorite things that also showed up around camp....the perfect ears of corn...with fresh made butter...thanks to Barb's folks....& Barb......
AND....


The perfect ball of yarn...center pull...ofcourse....that came right off of Sam's Sweet and talented hands.....She's Amazing!



On Saturday night....in the dark....Barb & I made my first bit of dyed yarn.....in a pot.....on top of the camp stove.....ta da......Beginner's Magic....Colorway #1!

I wish that you all could have been there with us too...in more than Spirit!
I bask in the sheer Joy that I feel!

Now.....Onward to Stitches East!!

7 Comments:

At Monday, September 24, 2007 7:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, you get to have ALL of the fun, dammit. I need to invent that kind of thing up here in the foothills so that all of those cool PNW people will come south! You have a grand possee, Miz S.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your colorway #1 is awesome! It was so much fun to dye with you. Now if our tallented musicians will come up with the colorful dyeing song we'll be all set next year. :-)

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you soon! Whee!

 
At Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you're coming! Baltimore here we come!

 
At Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:32:00 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

what fun :-)

 
At Saturday, September 29, 2007 3:48:00 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I sure wish I could have come!
Now I have to wait until Madrona to see you and Michael.

Have a great time at Stiches!

 
At Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Oh my. I am so absolutely jealous! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home