Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Exciting News

Thanks to all of you for writing in about my "Isn't she Beautiful" blog post! I just love reading your comments!

Recently I had been asked by Chris de Longpre from Knitting At KNoon Designs to participate with Janel of Chameleon Colorworks in a collaboration for one of her new designs....Wee-one Welcome Set
It was my pleasure as both of these women are amazing artists. I thought that you would like to see what became of it.

And...then....I also wanted to show you what a beautiful ring Deb made from one of my cabochen/buttons she purchased at the Madrona Fiber Arts Show 2007. Isn't it cool!! Hey, I want one of my very own!!

Here are the buttons that I sent to Vogue....they are going to do an article on buttons in the upcoming Vogue Knitting (my understanding is that it will be the holiday issue)...but I was told that it will be coming out in October......more later on this one

We also sent them Bamboo Knitting Needles...and a few Crochet Hooks for the Knit 1 issue coming out December 4th (My birthday ;)...nice present..don't you think!

Meanwhile we have up dated our Circular Knitting Needle page, with new colors on the Designer Circulars....The Double Point Page is in process and will be...hopefully...up shortly!

Now for some silliness!!
On our recent trip back home we stopped by our old *stomping grounds*...ie San Luis Obispo California...to visit with friends and take a little break. Michael & I strolled around SLO...as the locals call it...this is Gum Alley where bazillions of students & just plain folks have come to deposit their gum....yep....gum!! Since I was just recovering from my tooth problems I had to make an offering to the great Jaw Goddess....tee hee ;)
Have a great day...y'all!

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Kimley said...

Congratulations on all the exciting news! Those buttons look so wonderful on that little sweater! And I love the ring. I make jewelry too so now I'm rethinking what I might do with my beautiful glass button :)

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:42:00 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

Ick - a gum wall! Gross! But fun in a really, really, weird way.

Congrats on the baby pattern! Your buttons really show off the sweater. What a great partnership, now if only I had a baby to knit for. No, you do not need to read into that comment.

I am sooooo looking forward to seeing you at OFFF! Barb, Sam and I were just clarifying plans last night. We'll be there a day ahead to give morale support during the setup stage.

MIL LOVED the necklace you made for her. She has a real appreciation for artisian work and knows quality when she sees it. She wore the necklace at her party and told all of her friends about it! You bet she was thrilled, as was I! Thank you for creating the perfect gift!

Sagitarian hugs,
Jen

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Congrats Sheila! Your work is beautiful.
And thank you for the eclipse pics as we were sound asleep for that one.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, the circular needle link takes me to knit1 instead... Congratulations on the Vogue, meantime, and that ring is beautiful. The wall--I'm thinking a combination of cool, gross, and, man, is that Californian or what?! (And I can say that. I live here.)

 
At Friday, September 07, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Very very cool! Love the gum wall. :)

 
At Monday, September 10, 2007 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I love the ring! What a great idea. Congrats on all your success!

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:42:00 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

your vogue buttons are GORGEOUS!

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Wow congrats! om the Vogue thing. See you on the Saturday of OFFF! Trish

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your buttons are incredible and beautiful and hypnotizing! (I didn't realize you had a blog until just now! Small world, huh?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home