Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Who knows what's just around the corner

Oh My Where to Begin?
(This is what has kept me away from my blog for so long...well that and a lot of other things as well
I had been feeling rather lack luster....BUT...I seem to be getting my luster back...yahoo!)

We went back to Rhinebeck last month (ie NY Sheep and Wool Festival).
It was a treat....AGAIN...Sunday was rainy and rather cold and still great!

Amongst some of the friends that I hadn't met in person before was Annmarie. Lucky for us she was in the market for a Orifice Hook to go with her new spinning wheel.
(thanks for loan of the photo Annmarie...I hope your new wheel is home with you now)

They moved us to Building One this year...whenever you move at a show you feel a bit misplaced....not knowing if the space will be as happy place...we loved the loft that we were in last year. I am very pleased to say that we were well received in our new "home"


We were greeted with more room, new customers and customers from last year who were directed to us by the good folks of the show. Lovely.

Amongst the Many Fine Vendors was Tom and Diane Golding.
I am pleased to say that Tom bought one of my buttons and transformed it into this Drop Spindle....and then sent it to me to try out....what's not to like about that arrangement? Nada thing ;D

We are working on a collaboration....keep your fingers crossed...and I'll keep you posted!

Hey, I'm back!

9 Comments:

At Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:30:00 PM, Blogger weebug said...

that drop spindle is stunning! i'd buy one in a heartbeat! glad to see you blogging again, i missed you!

 
At Friday, November 20, 2009 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back! You've definitely been missed!

 
At Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

OMG, that spindle is a thing of beauty. What a fabulous combination. This endeavour is going to be a huge success!

 
At Monday, November 23, 2009 4:53:00 AM, Anonymous Caroline said...

Wow, Sheila, that spindle is gorgeous. I hope that the Goldings make a whole line of Ernst spindles! I'd buy one for that last empty hook on my little rack!

My word verification is "hytopt" - as in sneakers??

 
At Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:19:00 PM, Anonymous DaVe said...

Cool Spindle!

~SwagBucksTricks
.

 
At Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:22:00 PM, Anonymous AlisonH said...

Oh, that's beautiful!

 
At Monday, November 30, 2009 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

The spindle is gorgeous. That button is just the right thing. I hope your collaboration works out. Take care! Hugs!

 
At Monday, December 07, 2009 5:03:00 AM, Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

I love the spindle what a great idea! The basket of yarn is yummy too! Love ewe Trish

 
At Wednesday, December 09, 2009 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I've missed your posts, and that spindle is a promising return. Here's to peaceful holidays and a profitable cooperative spindle-button venture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home